Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2017 2:28:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 11:34:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I looked at them for a bit. From all I could see they will meet that 1 moa threshold.

That said, many of the new low end rifles will. Savage Axis, Ruger American, etc. Buyers market for rifles right now for sure.

A lot of people with regular Tikka rifles are reporting 1/2 moa with handloads. $600 rifle. Crazy.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 10:00:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dominion21] [#2]
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 5:35:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 6:47:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
I just bought one from Sportsmansguide for about $ 300 with a $ 75 rebate in 6.5 (but on back order). they claim 1moa from these Compass (a regular traditional hunting bolt gun) plus it comes with a scope (I assume low quality chinese). Anyone have experience with these rifles? They have them in other more common calibers.
I needed another rifle like I need another donut Seems like a pretty optimistic accuracy guarantee from what looks like a regular ole huntin' rifle
View Quote
I bought three of the compass rifle from a large store in Bardstown, KY for that price and just got my rebate checks back from TC two weeks ago.  I picked up one in the following calibers 223, 243, and 308.  I have shot both the 223 and 243 so far and have been really impressed.  Very nice trigger and pretty accurate right out of the box.  I mounted 3x9 Leupolds VXII on both that cost more than the rifles. :)

I am really impressed with the set up for the $$$.  When I spoke to the owner of this large shop he said TC / S&W is trying to buy its way back into the rifle market with these guns.  I am surprised that they threaded the barrels for something at the price point.  I think you will be happy with the rifle once you get it off backorder.   I was also at the range with my Browning X-bolt and the TC's shot very similar groups.  The X-Bolt trigger is a lot nicer, but was also $900.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top