Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2017 7:15:06 PM EDT
I currently have a Eberlestock Gunslinger that I load everything I need for a day of shooting into.  I have found the bag to very cumbersome and extremely heavy.  I dislike having to slide the rifle in and out of the scabbard because my scope caps sometimes come off and the turrets always get hung up when going in.  I would rather a simple sleek padded soft case to put the rifle itself in and a smaller back pack to put everything else in.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a quality sleek case.  A lot of people seem to suggest various drag bags but all the pockets on the side beg to be loaded up with various crap.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:46:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Reorx] [#1]
Originally Posted By chrisba:
...A lot of people seem to suggest various drag bags but all the pockets on the side beg to be loaded up with various crap.
View Quote
That's why they are so popular.  I have one of these and I am pretty happy with it.  Got it on sale...
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:20:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:04:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Knoxp9090] [#3]
Using a soft rifle bag.  Think it came from LAPG.  Spent about 50 bucks on it and have had it for years now.  Save your money and get something easy like this.  Let me know if you want to sell that Gunslinger.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:09:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I use these. They are cheap, Made in the US, and good quality. Sizes are limited because they are an AR case but they work well for relatively short bolt guns too.

https://acecase.com/heavy-duty-assault-rifle-case-black-nylon.html
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 12:21:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
Get an Eberlestock drag bag. A good amount of room in the outer pouches for range gear and holds the rifle nice and secure inside. You could actually put two rifles in there but I usually only use it for one.
View Quote

I hate the side bags.  I am here looking for a square discreet type bag without a side pocket or compartment.  

I bought some bags with HD zippers at a gunshow.  I bought four plain black padded bags at a great price and they have worked perfect.  That company is out of business. I need 5 more.......
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 12:44:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#7]
Originally Posted By Knoxp9090:
45 Bucks and holds two.  
View Quote

Just like this, simple, but need it to hold just one.  I also need short, medium, and long.

eta:  I just ordered the Midway cases.  Free shipping.  I got one of each length and a chamber brush to make it to the free shipping $100 amount.  Reviews seemed good. 

Midway discreet
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:30:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Good Choice!
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:47:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rob01] [#9]
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:57:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Gotta have some level of covert-ness.    Square and no labels is good.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:35:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Get a gig-bag meant for a bass, if you really want covert.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:48:26 PM EDT
[#13]
When I used to do a lot of LR shooting my wife got me one of these for my birthday.  Its a very nice bag/thing but I have one complaint.   You have to have room at the house to open it up and put a gun in it.  You cannot just unzip and stick.   Other than that its a great rifle case for what I use it for.   For simple in the truck to go fuck about I use a Midway case.  

Eagle Hybrid Sniper Rifle Case
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#14]
For a simple but well built soft case look at Boyt. They're by far the best ones I've seen. For someone like me that loads everything into the pickup and drives 5 feet from the bench they work really well. 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:53:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Reorx] [#15]
511 Tactical Urban Sniper bag (LINK).  Comes in a few different sizes and colors...  511 also makes other bags that you can find HERE.  The bag has room for gear & rifle and can double as a shooting mat...  nice little bag and doesn't look too tactical.  It even has back pack straps to make it easy to carry significant distance...

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:11:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By wildearp:

Just like this, simple, but need it to hold just one.  I also need short, medium, and long.

eta:  I just ordered the Midway cases.  Free shipping.  I got one of each length and a chamber brush to make it to the free shipping $100 amount.  Reviews seemed good. 

Midway discreet
View Quote
Let us know how you like the Midway bag. Im thinking about something similar but with no weapon straps inside and no padding along the edges (according to reviews) Im not sure about this one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:02:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Shooter_556:
Let us know how you like the Midway bag. Im thinking about something similar but with no weapon straps inside and no padding along the edges (according to reviews) Im not sure about this one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Midway discreet
I have that bag and hate it. The way the zippers are designed make unusable. If you open the bag too wide, they will recessed into the spine of the bag. Making it very difficult to zip up.

I recently picked up a M2010 bag by Armageddon Gear and it's a million times better.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:03:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By chrisba:
very cumbersome and extremely heavy.  I dislike having to slide the rifle in and out of the scabbard because my scope caps sometimes come off and the turrets always get hung up when going in.  I would rather a simple sleek padded soft case . Does anyone have any suggestions for a quality sleek case.  A lot of people seem to suggest various drag bags but all the pockets on the side beg to be loaded up with various crap.
View Quote

I think you are trying too hard, or maybe trying to be too tactical. Get a $20 black plastic plano brand gun case. Easy to maneuver, can jam / ram into a plie of stuff in your trunk. Soft on the inside slick on the outside. And more protective of your rifle and optics!

Not trolling, very serious. They work great!
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 12:51:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Received the Midway cases.  Good heavy duty zippers, nicely padded.  Looks like they will work just fine.  I bought all three sizes, and they will actually hold two rifles in each case if that is how you roll.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 8:11:48 AM EDT
[#20]
End user pictures are always helpful
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 1:58:36 AM EDT
[#21]
I started off with a Voodoo tactical 52” drag bag about 10 years ago and it held up really well over that time with carrying my rifles from my house to my truck and from my truck to a range. It was made from pack cloth blend and weighed almost 11lbs empty.  I sold it this year for near what I paid for it and got a midway 42” bag and it weighs less than half the voodoo case, has better zippers and pulls and equal padding.  I circumcised the drag bag cutting off the muzzle end cover as I’m not going to be dragging this through the woods but left the loop on the end to hang it in the closet. I like the pockets. I can store my spotting scope, mags, ammo, targets and data book. Only thing I have to pull from my other range bag is my eyes and eye pro.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 1:03:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Poop3rscoop3r:
For a simple but well built soft case look at Boyt. They're by far the best ones I've seen. For someone like me that loads everything into the pickup and drives 5 feet from the bench they work really well. 
View Quote
I've been using Boyt bags for years, tough as nails.  I have three of the cheaper bags listed in the post, all have broken zippers or seams that came apart.  Spend a little more for something that will last.  Also have the Eberlestock drag bag, a little pricey but your weapon will survive in that thing.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 3:23:52 AM EDT
[#23]
I use the US Peacekeeper RAT 42" case for my LR308 and it is perfect.  Very well made and affordable.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 3:23:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Using a Pelican 1750. Heavy, but the wheels make it easy to pull.
I like that it locks and can go on the rack on top of the truck when there's 4 people in the cab.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 2:13:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Blowout:
Using a Pelican 1750. Heavy, but the wheels make it easy to pull.
I like that it locks and can go on the rack on top of the truck when there's 4 people in the cab.
View Quote
Same here. Plus, I can fit the interior (pluck and play foam) to the rifle and throw in my field accessories (sling, loaded magazines, bipod, data book, etc.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 3:03:13 AM EDT
[#26]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Midway discreet
I just bought three midway drag bags.they are on clearance. They are awesome
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Day at the range? SERT TCC 46"
Storage? Pelican 1750
Flying? SERT TCC inside Pelican 1750

Someone here on Arfcom turned me on to SERT cases about a year ago, I've now got a 46", 42" and a 30". They are definitely "buy once, cry once".
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 3:40:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Midway sniper drag bag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top