Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2017 1:17:37 AM EDT
I'm sure I'm not the only person who has had this problem.  My Triad stock pack covers the QD sling stud on the left side of the stock.

Is there a clever solution to this I haven't thought of yet? Or do I need to just cut a hole in the stock pack?

If cutting a hole is the solution, what's the best way to do that to make it look decent and not damage the stock pack more than needed?

Link Posted: 8/9/2017 6:33:29 AM EDT
[#1]
This may be a case of 'which one do you want more?'

If you must have both, then I'd try mounting the swivel, then installing the pad over it. This would negate most of the utility of the QD swivel, of course, and you'd have little choice as to the routing of your sling.

To maintain said utility, I'd think you'd have to cut a pretty big hole. It's flush, so the hole would have to be not just the size of the cup, but rather that off the swivel. If you insisted on this direction, I suppose you could mark off an area to excise and take it to a local tailor, or whomever you know to be handy with a needle and thread.

The other option you have is to install another cup yourself, elsewhere on the stock. Or a swivel stud. They sell QD cups alone, so that all you have to do is drill a hole and glue them in.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 7:48:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: popnfresh] [#2]
Cut a hole through the pack and put a tarp grommet there to" finish" the hole?
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 8:32:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 9:02:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Install a sling stud in the bottom of the stock, between the straps.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 9:16:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top