Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2017 11:06:40 AM EDT
I have a savage 10 308. I'm looking to have my new barrel installed and the and the mating surface of the action trued and squared where it meets the recoil lug and barrel nut. I have all the parts including precision barrel nut recoil lug and precision bolt head. All parts came from ptag and nss. I need some to do all the work. I was considering SIN Arms but I have been reading reviews of poor communication and long wait times.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 8:51:57 AM EDT
[#1]
you might try Dark Eagle customs.  A lot of guys don't work on savagers and they seem to specialize in it.

Not much to be gained from truing a savage up.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 10:34:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quite honestly, OP, I wouldn't worry about the truing (as this dude stated ^^).  Savages have the floating bolt head, locks up pretty damn tight.  You can do your own barrel swap, just need an action wrench, barrel vise and a set of go/no go gauges.  

I'd try to do the barrel myself, without the truing.  Worst case, you put it together, rifle shoots like shit, then you can get it trued.  I feel this way about bedding rifles. I've had some that needed it, and it helped, but I have others where I don't think there would be enough gained by getting it done.

If you get on facespace (as much as I hate that fucking website), there are some of these precision rifle groups, I bet there's a number of Savage rifles-specific groups that you can join on there.  What you do is, you become a member on those groups, introduce yourself, cut it up with some of the fellas, then ask if anyone has any of the above-referenced tools you could borrow so you could swap your barrel (and not have to buy the tools).

That being said, if you're going to stick with the Savage action, you may just want to bite that bullet regardless...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top