Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 2:09:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: uglygun] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sparkyD:

So why are you venting here?

Honestly what is your point?
View Quote

My point was pretty clear in that I hoped that Snipershide was not going down a path like that of the specific 1911 forum of extra special far sniffing smug assholes.

Your snark prompted me expand on the issue.

Dont give two shits about the youtuber.   The comments from other members in this thread about the Hide are what I care more about.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 3:22:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow. This reads like a Yeager thread. So much pissing and moaning. Shooting long range and being a sniper are not synonymous. Shooting is maybe 20% of it and you cant learn it from youtube no matter how much you gossip about the personalities involved. Go be miserable in the woods. Sketch terrain, learn to track, play Kim’s games, make range and wind calls all the time the check yourself. Waiting for the wife outside the store? Range card the kroger parking lot, That kind of shit. Shooting is the easy part.

“But dvldog, law enforcement and urban sniping”. Blah blah blah. Cops rarely shoot past 75-100m and there is a reason that urban training comes after you’ve spent a lot of time crawling around getting bitten by shit and marveling at the resilience of shoo goop and an old sea bag.

Do the work.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 8:27:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By DvlDog:
Wow. This reads like a Yeager thread. So much pissing and moaning. Shooting long range and being a sniper are not synonymous. Shooting is maybe 20% of it and you cant learn it from youtube no matter how much you gossip about the personalities involved. Go be miserable in the woods. Sketch terrain, learn to track, play Kim’s games, make range and wind calls all the time the check yourself. Waiting for the wife outside the store? Range card the kroger parking lot, That kind of shit. Shooting is the easy part.

“But dvldog, law enforcement and urban sniping”. Blah blah blah. Cops rarely shoot past 75-100m and there is a reason that urban training comes after you’ve spent a lot of time crawling around getting bitten by shit and marveling at the resilience of shoo goop and an old sea bag.

Do the work.
View Quote

Who here only cares about shooting.

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:06:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By RePp:

https://media0.giphy.com/media/26ufhjIgZW1wJL9pS/giphy.gif
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RePp:
Originally Posted By DvlDog:

Do the work.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/26ufhjIgZW1wJL9pS/giphy.gif

I don’t know about anyone else but shooting helped me understand math that was otherwise not interesting.

Okay carry on with the high jack.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:09:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: uglygun] [#5]
Originally Posted By sparkyD:

I don’t know about anyone else but shooting helped me understand math that was otherwise not interesting.

Okay carry on with the high jack.
View Quote

Precisely.

I went back to school to further my understanding of long range shooting from statistics, to ranging, to ballistics.

I work with some folks that are former Mil-snipers and are now LE snipers.

Listening to one of them try to explain ballistics during a beginner rifle class will make your ears bleed.    He may be able to shoot and put bullets where they need to go but too many crayons has left him with an inability to clearly explain trajectory and sight offset which just winds up confusing to people.

Forums and youtube has the potential to be a good source of info for those looking for a start.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top