Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2015 2:48:54 PM EDT
Does anyone on here willing to let a english man have 1 shot of there barrett .50 ?
I would pay or buy the beers? Coming to usa for first time in march, vegas then dallas fw.
Atb
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:54:44 PM EDT
[#1]
if your coming to SC you can certainly try mine out however there are several gun ranges in the DFW, TX area that have a Barrett 50 BMG and will let you rent it for use on their range. Its not to terribly expensive and would probably be your best bet.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:03:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for reply and info.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:05:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mmamonster:
Thanks for reply and info.
View Quote

no problem. i have a few friends in that area. give me a couple days and i will see if i can get some more specific info on where to go.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 9:07:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Try the Texas hometown forum.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 10:11:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
Try the Texas hometown forum.
View Quote

Hi, yes done a couple of posts on texas forum, meeting up with a few guys if goes to plan, i havent asked on there about barrett .50
Thanks again.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 12:52:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KeithPagel] [#6]
You might also reach out to the Fifty Caliber Shooters' Association.  We have an International Liaison Officer.  We regularly get such requests from those visiting the United States.

As it happens, the ILO is in Texas.

Contact FCSA HQ at:   [email protected]

(for additional info:)
www.fcsa.org

There also is a UK affiliate of the FCSA.....
www.fcsa.co.uk
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Come to Colorado and you can shoot my Barrett or my AI 50s.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 10:37:54 PM EDT
[#8]
This too was on my bucket list. Just yesterday, though, I was able to check that box off. Shockwave in the Desert Part Pew took place here in Arizona at a range/paintball facility called Cowtown. I was able to put five rounds out at a target set at 1,000 feet for only $30 and help support Wishes for Warriors in the process. It was an incredible experience. I did not hit the target on any of those shots and it certainly made me appreciate the skill and precision that goes into manipulating this weapon and getting rounds on target. Here's two videos if you care to watch.

Slow-mo video clip of the Barrett M82A1/M107

Shooting the Barrett M82A1/M107
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:33:01 PM EDT
[#9]
my boss was just in vegas and rented a 50 bmg.he said it was 5 rounds for 100.00 not cheap but what fun is?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:23:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:
This too was on my bucket list. Just yesterday, though, I was able to check that box off. Shockwave in the Desert Part Pew took place here in Arizona at a range/paintball facility called Cowtown. I was able to put five rounds out at a target set at 1,000 feet for only $30 and help support Wishes for Warriors in the process. It was an incredible experience. I did not hit the target on any of those shots and it certainly made me appreciate the skill and precision that goes into manipulating this weapon and getting rounds on target. Here's two videos if you care to watch.

Slow-mo video clip of the Barrett M82A1/M107

Shooting the Barrett M82A1/M107
View Quote

Was it 1,000 feet or 1,000 yards? How large was the target?

Just curious... think I'm going to buy one finally this year, but I keep hearing all these different opinions on its real world accuracy.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 6:15:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Minute of car door accurate...
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 10:02:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Hoser:
Minute of car door accurate...
View Quote

I agree with the above comment on accuracy.
It is not a sniper rifle, it is an anti-material rifle.
The whole barrel barrel recoils and is held in lock-up by spring pressure.
While extremely soft shooting, this is not the recipe for accuracy.

I had and sold an m82.
It was definitely a fun plinker with the availability of cheap surplus pulled projectiles.
e.g.; AP, API, APIT, tracer, incindiary, ball...

To the best of my knowledge, surplus projectiles can no longer be sold to us civilians.
Keeping this in mind, I would get an accurate bolt action for my next big rifle.
Also, I would probably look at .338 rather than .50.

Link Posted: 6/8/2015 9:28:55 PM EDT
[#13]

To the best of my knowledge, surplus projectiles can no longer be sold to us civilians.
View Quote

Plenty of places selling 50 BMG projectiles. Price may not what you want to pay though.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 9:36:12 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Try telling that to these folks...... http://www.fcsa.org/
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 9:55:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Doesn't Vegas have a place to rent all sorts of stuff? Or is it just indoors.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:39:06 AM EDT
[#16]
theres a few companies in Vegas that will rent a m107 outdoors, its not cheap by any means. If I recall its near $300 or more for a few shots
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 10:06:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Bearcat24:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The 82's don't shoot anywhere near as well as the bolt actions from Barrett or most anyone else last I heard.

Have they won any matches against bolt guns??
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 12:59:59 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

Barret bolt guns are plenty accurate.  Skip Talbot held the world record with one for a long time before his death.  He had replaced the barrel and brake with K&Ps.

The Barret semi auto is not accurate at all in any way shape or form.  The yearly World Championships held in Raton NM have a "Fun/Practical" match where the 82 does well.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 5:14:06 PM EDT
[#19]
I bet if you had a competition where you had to set a parked helicopter, two generators and a jeep on fire before fleeing under fire the M107 would do well.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:17:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
I bet if you had a competition where you had to set a parked helicopter, two generators and a jeep on fire before fleeing under fire the M107 would do well.
View Quote

I'll be keeping mine then!!!!
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 6:41:37 PM EDT
[#21]
I have an M82A1. I live 4 hours north/west of dallas. Come run a magazine through it. i'll buy the ammo.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#22]
All the naysayers here are being silly. Of course an M82A1 is not a sniper rifle. It is also better than minute of car door. I love mine and if i need to hit big, I hit big. I have other rifles to hit tiny things far away.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:38:34 PM EDT
[#23]
There's a range near the Nevada Arizona border that rents 50 cals, major tourist attraction for foreigners....

Though.... if you are new to firearms (?) then 50 may be a bit much lol, it's going to rock your world and bruise your shoulder XD .... If you do at least a wear BOTH earplugs and ear muffs because just one or the other won't do for a 50 lol

Make sure it's got a very cushy recoil pad and a strong muzzle brake to reduce recoil and prevent you from flying backwards XD
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:00:11 PM EDT
[#24]
The M82 is plenty accurate with Hornady match ammunition.

It hits IPSC targets over 1,000 yds the same way my GAP 6.5mm does

First shot at 1,000yds a couple weekends ago.  Followed it up with a second impact 

Link Posted: 8/26/2017 2:02:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Regency:

First shot at 1,000yds a couple weekends ago.  Followed it up with a second impact 

http://i.imgur.com/SsAZwWj.jpg
View Quote
If your 82 is as accurate as your GAP there is either something really wrong with your GAP or really really right with your 82
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
If your 82 is as accurate as your GAP there is either something really wrong with your GAP or really really right with your 82
View All Quotes

The way they've been described to me, is that they're about minute of man accurate. From 100 yards on out.

In other words, they do 8-10" at all distances, and this was with Mk211 ammunition.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 2:51:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ziarifleman:
The way they've been described to me, is that they're about minute of man accurate. From 100 yards on out.

In other words, they do 8-10" at all distances, and this was with Mk211 ammunition.
View All Quotes

I would say that is pretty accurate from what I have heard. There have been a few people able to shoot some decent sub moa groups at distance with them. I want to say I saw a 6" group from a guy that was single loading something or other but it was so long ago I forget.

Most all of our shooting is blasting with shit ammo at sub 500 yards but even with that it always seemed like the 82 group was about 1.5 times the size of my 99 group. Totally unscientific since we didn't care and were never shooting for accuracy.

Honestly I wish I would have bought a 82CQ when I sold my 82 because now I am too cheap to buy another. Maybe when and if my extra 99 goes I will look into them again.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Tag and bump just because I'd love to see a post about a limey getting a free murica range day.

I don't live in Dallas and I don't have an M82... but if any person from Europe wants to shoot suppressed ARs with NODs let me know.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 12:39:48 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote
They both shoot great, the advantage of the 750gr is wind drift is practically 0 
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 1:06:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Lowdown3:
Was just out in Vegas working a show. Saw a billboard for some place with "Shoot a .50" with I believe $39.95 on it. Now hopefully that's at least a magazine but that's doubtful.

All sorts of "shoot a full auto" type places in Vegas. They all cost but it may end up cheaper than driving all over creation trying to hook up with people.
View Quote
Battlefield Vegas has built a booming business on machine gun tourism.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 1:19:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Battlefield Vegas has built a booming business on machine gun tourism.
View Quote
Yea, I'm surprised it took that long for people to plug battlefield vegas - their owner posts a lot of interesting stuff on here.  OP, check this - https://www.battlefieldvegas.com/collections/sniper-rifles
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 9:53:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Hoser:

Barret bolt guns are plenty accurate.  Skip Talbot held the world record with one for a long time before his death.  He had replaced the barrel and brake with K&Ps.

The Barret semi auto is not accurate at all in any way shape or form.  The yearly World Championships held in Raton NM have a "Fun/Practical" match where the 82 does well.
View Quote
I was there. Washoe, modified M99, Skip Talbot, beautiful thing. 4.crazy iirc.

Wish I still had the pics.

Skip was a true gentleman.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 9:03:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Hi,
Since this post I met up with a few guys from this excellent forum. I shot .50 sniper, .50 black powder,
.50 beowolf , glock, cz pistol, ak47, ar15 ( favorite ) and a few others. Also my family and I did our first tandem skydive in vegas.
Been vegas and florida a couple of times and Texas once mainly to shoot and enjoy mercia.
Finding my grail gun "AA12" to shoot seems to be real hard.
Atb
Mart
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 11:20:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Mmamonster:
Hi,
Since this post I met up with a few guys from this excellent forum. I shot .50 sniper, .50 black powder,
.50 beowolf , glock, cz pistol, ak47, ar15 ( favorite ) and a few others. Also my family and I did our first tandem skydive in vegas.
Been vegas and florida a couple of times and Texas once mainly to shoot and enjoy mercia.
Finding my grail gun "AA12" to shoot seems to be real hard.
Atb
Mart
View Quote
They always forget the pics :(
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 1:19:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Not sure how to upload pics. Mate did it for me a while back in the armoury forum.
Atb
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top