Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2017 4:01:16 PM EDT
I need some suggestions. I can't tape anything to my rifle,
and it needs to be able to be changed out for different data in the field/different operators.
Plus waterproof (rain)
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 4:08:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I wrote mine on a 2"x3" piece of paper with a specific load on each side.  I laminated it and then made a small hole in the corner and use a wire wrap to fasten if to a scope ring.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 7:08:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Reorx] [#2]
Vortex Defender Dope Disk???  Not exactly "ideal" but might be good enough for your purposes...

Alternatively, get a stock cheek rest / ammo carrier with a zippered pocket.  Make up small laminated dope cards that can fit in the zippered pocket.

Link Posted: 10/2/2017 7:55:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 10:29:57 AM EDT
[#4]
ballisticxlr.com. I would suggest you get tables printed on waterproof, marine grade adhesive backed Revlar. The adhesive will likely negatively affect wood stock finishes but is just fine on plastic and metal stocks.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 12:01:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bcauz3y] [#5]
Clear tape with RITR 3x5s is one way.

I also buy blank 2x3 plastic cards on ebay and put velcro on them. That way I can swap them out to match the ammo I'm running.

I'll try to get a pic of it when I get home.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 7:43:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:
Clear tape with RITR 3x5s is one way.

I also buy blank 2x3 plastic cards on ebay and put velcro on them. That way I can swap them out to match the ammo I'm running.

I'll try to get a pic of it when I get home.
View Quote
This is what I do.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 9:03:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 9:21:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 10:07:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
Should flip it upside down or put it in the other side if right handed. Will make it easier to see when on rifle.
View Quote
I do, I just stuck it on for the picture's sake. I have a little box of them and I just pull out the one that matches up with whatever ammo I'm running.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 9:38:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 10:13:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ballisticxlr] [#11]
Nothing saying it has to be on the rifle. You carry secondary gear with you, why not put it on that. Here are some things I make and use. I can make them for others. I figured I was always forgetting my data tables when I'd go to a match but I never forgot certain other items. So, why not start putting DOPE on all those things. I can do shirts and hats too.

Travel mug with DOPE.

iPad case with DOPE & BDC

MTM Ammo Case with adhesive waterproof, tear proof DOPE card

Aluminum water bottle with DOPE

Cell phone case (iphone and samsung) with DOPE

Wrist carrier data cards (waterproof and tear proof)

I make a number of products for carrying data in the field. I don't think of it as a business because I lose a little on every set. It's more of a service to the community.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:06:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Tag for info.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 7:42:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Vortex Defender rear caps have nubs to hold in a small dope card in the cap, and the cap can lock at 90*- so you can have the dope handy- or 180*.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 12:03:35 AM EDT
[#14]
How about something to mount on a Ruger precision rifle.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 1:36:32 AM EDT
[#15]
I have one of those things that is like a tape measure. Mounts to the scope and retracts. I don't remember who made it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 2:02:28 AM EDT
[#16]
I like the QB hand written style as where I shoot we have rapidly changing conditions most of the time. Phone with AB calculator and my Kestrel and I can miss with best of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top