Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2017 4:32:28 PM EDT
As stated above we have a lot of experience hear be it military, hunting, or competitive shooting. Share different items and ideas on hide set up and layouts that have worked and others that were a total fail. If you used a hatchet stuck in a tree with a hoodie wrapped around the handle for a rest in the deep brush to smoke a elk or maybe when laying two rooms deep in a house in Ramadi that a battery pocket fan like one your wife carries to baseball games blowing in your face made the heat not so bad when under the lens for hours.

Pretty much just bored and figured this might make for some good conversations...
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 9:27:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Not mil, but I was considering running some tight Paracord between two trees for hunting.

I think I've seen pics of something similar to that done on helos.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 5:58:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Pav56C:
Not mil, but I was considering running some tight Paracord between two trees for hunting.

I think I've seen pics of something similar to that done on helos.
View Quote
Paracord will stretch a bit. Tubular webbing would make your plan a reality, though.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 6:28:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Good call, I just figured paracord is a bazzilion purpose item, but webbing is useful enough and compact enough to carry as well.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 4:56:47 PM EDT
[#4]
And you can make a Swiss Seat with webbing in a jiff.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:51:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Cut a sapling and tie it with your Para cord between two trees. Baling wire or a barb wire fence with zip tied conifer limbs makes a dandy ground blind. Cut Johnson grass makes excellent blinds in fence corners or the edge of fields.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top