Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2016 2:11:37 AM EDT
Just finished this one today.  There are a lot of the flatwork steps skipped, but should be easy enough to figure out.

Notice there are 3 layers, so you have Cordura on the outside, padding, then pack cloth inner layer that all the elastic and internal stowage is sewn to.

It's basically a mini blow-out pouch for immediate bleeders and perforating injuries.

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 7:06:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Very impressive.  How much?  

Link Posted: 12/8/2016 9:30:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome job! What type of sewing machine do you use?
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Did another one.

Link Posted: 12/9/2016 1:32:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sovaprepper:
Awesome job! What type of sewing machine do you use?
View Quote

Thanks.  I'm using 2 different machines on this.

One is an old all-metal Kenmore that helps with initial flatwork and putting flats together, pile tape, elastic, and bar tacks.

The other is a very heavy duty Juki 1541S that I do final assembly with using a binding tape feeder.  Great machine really.

I'm experimenting with different internal layout on the flats right now, based on different ideas I've had over the years.

There are some cool features on some of the IFAKs out there, and others that aren't what I want, so I made my own.

I'll be making some for my sons who are entering military service soon.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 9:04:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By LRRPF52:

Thanks.  I'm using 2 different machines on this.

One is an old all-metal Kenmore that helps with initial flatwork and putting flats together, pile tape, elastic, and bar tacks.

The other is a very heavy duty Juki 1541S that I do final assembly with using a binding tape feeder.  Great machine really.

I'm experimenting with different internal layout on the flats right now, based on different ideas I've had over the years.

There are some cool features on some of the IFAKs out there, and others that aren't what I want, so I made my own.

I'll be making some for my sons who are entering military service soon.
View Quote

Very cool, I've always thought it would be neat to have a sewing machine that could do this stuff and more importantly have the skill to use it. I'd like to make some mods to some gear and make some front and rear bags for shooting. You're very handy with yours! I'm sure this isn't your first project with it and I'm sure your sons will appreciate their ifaks and I hope that they never need them.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 5:16:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Just to give you guys some perspective on LRRPF52s stuff-

I stopped in at his place a little while back and brought some gear I had for comparison, size, etc.  One of them was a PIG double mag pouch that I was pretty proud of because it's extremely well made.

Bah.  I can list about 5 things that LRPBJ52 is doing that is superior-
Lined
Superior stitching
Superior placement of elastic or snaps
Superior attention to detail, particularly stitching at the corners and weak or tension connections
Superior sound effects when describing how he stitches

And whenever he get around to letting his really good stuff out online for someone to steal, you've got to see his mag pouches.

Link Posted: 12/24/2016 12:09:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I made some upgrades to the first one by adding the divider panel for gauze and ACE on one side, and instruments on the other:

Link Posted: 2/11/2018 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Definitely need to let us all in when you go to make these for general public. Maybe make it an Ar15 forum buy in first
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 11:02:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Hanovi:
Definitely need to let us all in when you go to make these for general public. Maybe make it an Ar15 forum buy in first
View Quote
I concur.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top