Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2017 3:47:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gunut]
Finally got out to do some long range. Got a mile in 5 rounds on 16"x16" plate. Feels good man.

Link Posted: 8/7/2017 5:50:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Good shoot!
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 6:05:34 AM EDT
[#2]
That's awesome!  Good shooting.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chairborne:
That's awesome!  Good shooting.
View Quote
Thanks guys. I think next time I will try for their longest distance. It's at a different place on the same property that goes out to 2400 yards.
Didn't try this time because I believe there are no intermediate targets between firing line and 2400.

I'll have to clarify that.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 8:38:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats! That is certainly not easy. 3000 FPS out of a 180gr 7mm is pretty hot, also.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 11:57:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By CanNevrHaveEnuffGuns:
Congrats! That is certainly not easy. 3000 FPS out of a 180gr 7mm is pretty hot, also.
View Quote
It's a 7 rsaum. I've run the 180s to 3190 but accuracy suffered. 
3000 is a good middle ground in my rifle.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:57:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice Job,  hitting the mile target is a pretty fun accomplishment.  Especially when you use a target size like that.  

It's not an easy task to accomplish, but with an understanding of ballistics it is very doable.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 5:37:53 PM EDT
[#7]
That's cool mirage looked like it was killer! I can't believe that 180gr shook the plate like it did.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 1:35:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By sparkyD:
That's cool mirage looked like it was killer! I can't believe that 180gr shook the plate like it did.
View Quote
I agree. I looked up the energy at that range. Looks like its around 700ftlb. Seems like its still somewhat substantial. 
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 1:36:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TeeRex:
Nice Job,  hitting the mile target is a pretty fun accomplishment.  Especially when you use a target size like that.  

It's not an easy task to accomplish, but with an understanding of ballistics it is very doable.
View Quote
I used Strelock and a little bit of luck!
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 12:02:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By gunut:
I used Strelock and a little bit of luck!
View Quote
The hardest part is if you have wet ground or something and you can't see your misses.  The first time I did  a mile I really didn't think about how long the time of flight was so I was like where on earth did that shot go, then I saw some dust kick up.  If you can see your miss it makes life much easier
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top