Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2015 12:25:05 AM EDT
I'm sure this has been asked at sometime, but I appreciate the guidance.

I am running a 308 Rem 700 with a Vortex Viper PST 6-24 x 80 in mils on a 20 MOA Badger base.

I have the rifle zeroed at 100 yards and have dope out to 1000. Zeroed at 100 y, the scope only has 1 revolution of up adjustment left (5 MIL), but several down (20 or something). In otherwords, the gun shoots extremely low at 100y, so I had to burn all the up elevation zeroing it in.

Correct me if I am wrong, but shouldn't this be the opposite? Shouldn't the scope have additional "up" adjustment since the base is a 20 MOA down angle? I was thinking maybe I need to switch to a flat base, but that would have opposite effect, right?

Is it possible my scope is not quite right, or am I overlooking something or have something backwards?
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 12:13:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure you have the base on correct? When you look at the side of the rifle the base should be lower in the front.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 1:20:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, it is on correct. The screw pattern only allows it to be mounted one way. I pulled everything off, checked and double checked, and remounted everything. Same issue.

Someone suggested to run a longer range zero, but if I am correct, that would require a steeper trajectory, and burn up even more of the little elevation I have left...
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 2:05:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I figured it out... it was a scope base issue, but not being mounted wrong. The installed base is actually a 0 cant, not a 20 MOA base. I'll got back and install the correct base and should be good.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:36:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice cover ;)

Math doesn’t lie though. Don’t worry I’ve only done it twice. Haha.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top