Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2015 2:38:51 PM EDT
Ok, so I got one. I love it so far. It's got an 18" stainless barrel marked .308 win 1:10. Who else has one? What kind of range groupings have you gotten at distances greater than 100yds? Has any gotten 1000yds with one and would like to share?  Any mods you'd recommend to help reach out there?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 11:05:20 AM EDT
[#1]
it's not the mods that are going to give you 1000yrds. It's the ammo. You should begin the sniper 101 series on youtube if you haven't done so so far. You'll want to learn quite a bit before you start burning ammo. If you want it to do something more than peter out at 1000yrds then you might consider a barrel swap to something like 260rem or 6.5cm. Otherwise, look into 175gn match ammo and definitely start reloading if you haven't done that. Feeding rifles factory ammo is like taking an ugly woman to Ruth's Chris on a date. It's expensive, unnecessary and you won't want to do it many times.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:39:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, So I'm already reloading.  I really want to keep the 308 barrel.  What projectile & powder do you recommend?  I've been reloading about 3 years and have crafted some really wicked rounds for my 300 win mag.  I dropped a big whitetail in his tracks this year at 192yds.  This is a fairly long shot in my part of the state.  I don't mind putting in the time or spending money on good components for reloading.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:18:43 PM EDT
[#3]
175smk or 178AMAX. I use imr4064 or varget powder. 42.5-43.0gr of imr4064 giving me about 2625 at muzzle out of my 20" barrel. I'll have to look up my varget load to be sure. I'm seating to COAL 2.815 in the LR PMAGs. Winchester Large rifle primer. Either hornandy match or Lapua brass.

Doc
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:57:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Make sure it has a good trigger, decent stock and quality ammo. The weak link for 99% of those who want "1000 yds capability" in a rifle is the shooter. By the time you are ready for 1000 yds you'll have your load down and probably need a new barrel. See how it works and adjust as needed.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 11:05:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one and take it out to 1,000 once a month! The biggest things that I did to get it there was to put a good quality scope that tracks well (for me and my budget it was a Vortex Viper HS-t 4-16) and a quality trigger. I put a CMC 3.5 pound in mine and it made a world of difference. Other than those and a Harris bipod, that rifle is GTG. Mine really likes the Federal Blue box 180 gr soft points or the Hornady AG 155 gr. Currently working on a handload that will shoot MOA on this rifle, just havent had time to get out and test them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top