Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2015 5:54:15 AM EDT
Anyone in the southern Wisconsin / northern Illinois region know of a public range that stretches out to 1k? Or have land to shoot that far on in exchange for copious amounts of beer?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:36:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bigcheese920] [#1]
I'm pretty sure the only 1000 yard range in the state is Winnequah gun club in Lodi, WI. But it's close to $600 for dues for the year. It goes out to 1200 yards and they have matches all the time. Other than that for public ranges I think they only go out to the 600 yards. I really do wish they would build one though!
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#2]
How far away are you from Ohio? Thunder Valley might be worth the drive and a couple nights stay in a motel for you. I shoot there as often as possible, its a great spot. And the range goes out to 1.2 miles.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 6:02:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: quarry_plinker] [#3]
There was a discussion about turning the old Army Ammunition plant just south of Baraboo, WI
into a range.  It would be good for at least 500 yards too.  Its on my list to follow up on that
and do a google search.  the 100 yard range near Lodi is a little pricey for me.  And the 100 yard
range at Yellowstone State Park isnt much of a challenge anymore.

Edit.  OK. I just googled it. The latest article I found was from fall of 2015.  the rifle range proposal
is dead.  The 1500 acres of the Badger army Ammunition plant has been given to the Ho Chunk
Tribe.  Thats it. Its dead.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top