Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2017 8:47:34 PM EDT
I'm having to move my stuff to a small 400 sq foot "house" out back. And am worried about rust. It will be cooled by a window unit and heated by electric wall heaters. Putting in new waterproof flooring next week. Plan on keeping damp rid inside too. Think I should be ok?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:14:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Schultz77:
I'm having to move my stuff to a small 400 sq foot "house" out back. And am worried about rust. It will be cooled by a window unit and heated by electric wall heaters. Putting in new waterproof flooring next week. Plan on keeping damp rid inside too. Think I should be ok?
View Quote
No way to tell for sure. Install a temperature/humidity gauge and it will probably tell you.

It may turn out you need a dehumidifier for the times when your AC unit isn't really needed.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 1:10:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Climate control is climate control. I wish my relatives understood this. I don't like sweating my balls off or freezing ass cold. Neither do tools. They get condensation/rust/bad juju.
I also had to keep tools in a daily driver work van in Dallas for many years. Winter would fuck up my tools if I did not lube and clean regularly. Pain in the ass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top