Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2014 12:45:01 AM EDT

20141215_131200 by Slick_Rick77, on Flickr

20141215_131224 by Slick_Rick77, on Flickr

It's a Ben Pearson Golden Sovereign Conquerer 56" 54# @28." A little more than I bargained for, but I am very fortunate to have had it gifted by a coworker.

The limbs look great, though one had a slight twist that was easily straightened. The riser is a little beat up but it should clean up nice.

A string should be inbound shortly. I'm pretty excited about it. It's a beautiful and unique design.

It should be quite a challenge, but the kid is getting a 24lb recurve bow, which should make for an easy warm up.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 12:17:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dbd870] [#1]
Very nice; I have a 58" and a 52" but never shot a 56". I'll be interested in hearing how you like it. I went from a compound shooting 59# to a recurve drawing 46-47# at my draw length and had no problems. Also shot a friends 50# Black Widow with no issues 3-4mo after making the switch so I would think if you have some archery background you should be able to work into that 54# bow. Don't wear yourself out by shooting too much at first. One thing with a bow as light as 24# you may find you actually won't shoot it that well; a little draw weight helps pull the string off your finger more cleanly. I never shot my daughter's 35# Pearson Collegian all that well.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:01:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a total newb. I've used some cheesy fiberglass beginner bows up to 30# but nothing serious.

Someone's supposed to be sourcing me a couple strings and I've gotta get some arrows and figure out a good target solution.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:16:40 PM EDT
[#3]
If you like traditional, i have the Bear Grizzly 40# at shoots like a beauty. Small enough to hunt and perfect enough to practice for long hours without tiring out your shoulder too fast. Check it out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top