Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2014 9:58:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: corrosionguy]
Anyone have any experience with these bows looking for a new long bow,or any other suggestions.

Link Posted: 7/4/2014 11:41:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dbd870] [#1]
I'm a recurve shooter myself so all I have to go on is what I have heard others say; and that is the Timberhawk shooters like theirs and I've run across a couple who shoot the Montana and they are happy as well. Don't think either is a bad choice.I'd probably try to find a Timberhawk I could try out and if I was pleased I might just bit the bullet there.

Link Posted: 7/5/2014 12:01:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks I have shot the Bear but have not even touched a timberhawk in person or know anywhere close to even see one, I'm not really a cheap person but I can almost buy 2 bears for the price of the timberhawk
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 12:28:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 6:45:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a little bit of disposable income and I've been out of bow hunting for a few years and looking to get back in, I really like the Montana but didnt want to waste the money for a bow that I would need to replace in a season or two
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 7:37:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: disorientedpilot] [#5]
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 10:41:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I used to hunt with both, started on a recurve and later switched to longbow wich I liked and shoot beter, I got out of it due to not having time to hunt. I know I want a longbow, I want 55 lb draw, but was wondering if the difference between the bows was worth it. With the bear i can get th bow, quiver, and arrows for the price of the falcon, and still have enough for a new 1911 I have been eyeballing.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 11:24:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 11:37:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I think Im going to go with the Montana, are there any good online or catalog dealers other than 3rivers, Lancaster, or Lost Nation. Thats the ones I used to deal with, any newer or other companies to check out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top