Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2012 4:33:52 PM EDT
So I saw a big green target on sale today and decided it was time to get back into my longbow. Pulled it out of storage and the dozen arrows and started shooting. I haven't shot this bow in 10 years.  I forgot how much effort this takes! But it was fun. Only shot about 10 rounds, but I finally got to grouping them good towards the end.
The bow is a Jerry Hill wildcat II 65lb and I was shooting my old heavy arrows. 11/32 shaft with 160 gr field points and 4 fletch shield cut turkey. Only 5-6 still fly good, they all need a re fletch, but half are still in decent shape, the other half got flattened in storage and are done. All I can say is thank god for te arm guard. Reminded me to keep from rotating the elbo in.... ;)

Just thought I would share.
Link Posted: 6/29/2013 9:04:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Going from not shooting for ten years to a 65lb bow, dang I bet you were sore. Congrats on getting back into archery.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top