Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2013 9:09:24 PM EDT
I will be hunting Central West Virginia and Southwestern Virginia this year, can anyone give me a time frame of when the rut will be in full swing? I know probably a stupid question but would like some insight
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 2:25:20 AM EDT
[#1]
SW VA (depending on your definition of such) usually falls towards the middle of November.  Dependent, of course, on weather.  Full moon is 11/15.

I've seen them chase in Bedford Co. the first week of November, seen them chase in Scott Co. the last week of November.  No real way to pin it down.
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 7:40:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I think its starting now. I know guys out by you and they said the deer are going crazy.
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 11:13:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I have no idea as to it's accuracy, it is developed from hunters making reports on what they see, but this deer activity map may be useful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top