Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2014 9:43:21 AM EDT
I have a QAD ultra rest hunter attached to my PSE bow. It was installed by my pro shop and tuned by them as well. I'm shooting arrows through the rest with much more accuracy than my whisker biscuit. The arrows fare fletched with the odd color vane face up. After shooting the rest for a while, I noticed black streaks on the hen vanes. I realized that those two vanes are making contact with the rest. Can't seem to figure out if the blazer vanes are too high profile or if the timing of the rest is off. Please tell me how I can fix this.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 10:15:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#2]
If it's not the timing, it might be due to bounceback of the prongs from hitting the shelf on the bow.  Even though the QAD is dampened to prevent bounceback, if the prongs hit the shelf hard enough, they'll bounce back and touch the vanes.

The remedy is to raise the nock point about 3/8 - 1/2" higher to give the prongs more clearance over the shelf.   The arrow shaft will be above the arrow rest bolt hole.   It'll still tune good like that.   I have to do that with my PSE bow that has a QAD Ultra Rest.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 3:41:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VBC:
If it's not the timing, it might be due to bounceback of the prongs from hitting the shelf on the bow.  Even though the QAD is dampened to prevent bounceback, if the prongs hit the shelf hard enough, they'll bounce back and touch the vanes.

The remedy is to raise the nock point about 3/8 - 1/2" higher to give the prongs more clearance over the shelf.   The arrow shaft will be above the arrow rest bolt hole.   It'll still tune good like that.   I have to do that with my PSE bow that has a QAD Ultra Rest.
View Quote

I also put a square of the fuzzy Velcro on the shelf where the rest would hit. this seems to cushion and eliminate any noise. I've never had the rest hit the vanes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top