Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2014 8:27:43 AM EDT
I am archery hunting this year after a 17 year break. My bow was high end when i bought it in '96. Anyway with the fiber optic pins and peep sight that are on it, i can see them enough to get a shot off at a deer till right about 15 minutes after sunset. This is given that the shot is under 30 yds. Legal hunting time in PA is half hour before/after sunrise and sunset. Are there better pins or sights out there now that would allow me to see them for that additional 15 minutes of legal hunting time?

The last 2 Saturdays i have had deer come in when it was too dark to aim but still legal hunting time. Both times 10 minutes was the difference between a 20 yard broadside shot or just looking at the damn thing because i couldn't see the sights.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 12:35:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Montana Black Gold sights have probably the brightest pins I've seen as of late...decent prices on their stuff too.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 7:55:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Spot Hogg's wrapped pins in 0.029" diameter.  Both my Hogg Father single pin and Hunter 20 yd pin are this size, and there's no need for a sight light until legal shooting is over.  I've never taken a shot that late, but my ability to make out the deer anatomy behind the sight is what limits my shooting time, not the fiber optic.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 2:51:56 PM EDT
[#3]
You should try this thing called DrawLite.  I found it on Amazon.  It is a sight light that turns on when you draw the bow and off when you release.  Adjustable brightness and really lights up the pins/fiber optics well.

Here is a link and to Amazon and Youtube.

DrawLite Amazon

DrawLite Youtube

Grumpyg67
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top