Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2012 11:01:04 AM EDT
Picked up a Mission Venture the other day on the cheap, while the wife was shooting her Z7 Extreme. Now, This is my first bow I've bought in a couple years, so I'm kind of out of the loop on what the latest, greatest accessories are.  Looking at a G5 5 pin sight and a Trophy Ridge drop away rest, as the wife has both and I like them a lot as well.  Anything else I should be looking at?  Will be for hunting and just backyard shooting almost exclusively.  Not new to shooting, just had a 2-3 year vacation is it.  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 3:36:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VBC] [#1]
The QAD HD Ultra Rest is pretty popular.  I have two of them and they improved my shooting and bow tunability very much over a whisker biscuit.

They add just a tiny bit of additional noise to the bow and add a little tediousness to tuning because you have to re-adjust the pull down string each time you move the rest when you're tuning.

Great full capture fallway rest though.  Don't have to worry about your nocked arrow falling off the rest, just like when using a whisker biscuit.

However, I have since moved to NAP 3000 quicktune prong style.  I like the microadjust old school prong rests now.   Super quiet and nothing to go wrong.  Not that I ever had an issue with the QADs.
Link Posted: 8/13/2012 10:05:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had the QAD for a year now and I'm very pleased with it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2012 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I just ordered a QAD ultra
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Another vote for the QAD.

As for sights, I'm strictly a hunter so I wanted something rugged and bright. I bought the spothogg bulletproof 3 pin sight last year and absolutely love it thus far.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 6:33:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I just switched form a Whisker Biscuit to a Fuse (QAD).  Never going back to a WB.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 2:45:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Cabelas bargain cave has QAD HDX rests for 59.88 (pink) and 89.88 (Patriot [American flag]).  I'd get the pink and a black sharpie and save a bunch of money.  

They've also got Axel Armourtech sights for 100.00 off, so 129.88.  If you buy before the 11th, there's a 20.00 off additional discount code you can get from the Cabela's website to bring the price down to 109.88.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top