Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Posted: 2/5/2017 6:42:48 AM EDT
Looking for a first bow and found a quest g5 primal on a local ad for $200 with a couple of accessories. The photos make the bow appear to be in very good condition. The owner states that it was purchased new in 2010.

I would appreciate an informed opinion of this bow and if the price is fair.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:38:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Update, I did buy the Quest Primal. It was manufactured in late 2010 and seemed to be in good shape. I was able to buy this used with a 3 pin sight, a pop up arrow rest and it had new limbs on it, for $160. After getting to an archery outfitter for arrows and an inspection, I was informed that the bow was set for a longer draw length than I am. I was fortunately able to find new cam modules which were ordered in to the outfitter for $40.

So, for $200 plus arrows and maybe later a bow mounted quiver, I should have a very lightly used decent bow that is sized well to me.

There's my story.
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top