Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Posted: 12/31/2015 8:54:48 PM EDT
I recently got into archery along with my wife and I picked up a Samick Sage. My dad got a little jealous and wanted in on it. He came across this PSE Nova at a thrift store for $30. It came with a whisker biscuit, old 3 pin sight a quiver and some arrows. Don't know anything about the bow but seemed like a solid deal so I told him to fo.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 10:54:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a bad score but I would have it checked out at a reputable bow shop for a once over and string replacement. After that they can set it up for him. Not sure on how much performance you can get out of an old wheel bow but it is a start without getting into your pocket too much.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 11:22:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Depends on what you want. If you want a cheap basic bow to learn on it will do and cheaper than most. Throw a $25 string on it and get it tuned and go shoot. It's never going to be a high end bow but for $30 it's ok. Make sure it's correctly sized for you.
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top