Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Posted: 1/18/2015 11:53:55 PM EDT
I knew this was someplace but wasn't sure where. I bought it used at 16 and I'm 35 so it's at least 20 yrs old. I've gone through a few since that but always kept it for some reason. Dug it out of my dads garage today in the nice hard case it's been sitting in, but I'm not sure if it's safe to shoot. String doesmt look bad but im not sure. I'm leaning toward its probably safer to just get it changed?

Also I know it's not worth nothing to get rid of so I figured I'd try to update it a little bit of I can but I'm not sure how much you can do with these old ones so looking for ideas
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:33:02 AM EDT
[#1]
If you want to shoot it I would restring it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:54:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm curious what bow you have.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:21:36 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a proline force II
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 11:46:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Funny, I have a Proline Zepher XE-II bow that I have not shot since the late 80's. Pulled it back for the first time a week ago half expecting the limbs to snap but it felt fine. I am going to get some arrows, wax the strings and shoot it. My daughter is on her schools archery team, it would be nice to shoot with her.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 1:31:42 AM EDT
[#5]

not bad for a 20something yr old bow
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:13:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Ha. Gotcha beat since I'm a little older. I bought mine in 1986. I think it's also a Force 2 (I'm not home as I post this).

Get a new string.
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top