Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2014 12:12:27 AM EDT
So I just got my 1st bow, I bought a Bear Attitude RTH package from Gander Mountain kinda on Impulse...

I like it so far...  I shot it Sunday till my arm was Jello...  I'll have to build that up as I really like shooting.

Anyway, When I bought the bow, I told the guy to hook me up with some decent (good, but not Hi-end Expensive) Arrows.  

He gave me a pack of 1/2 Doz of Gander Mountain's House Brand, Tech Hunter Pro 350 (60-75LBS) and a pack of Carbon Express Field Points (They say 100 Grn and 19/64 OD)...  They seem to fit perfect as far as I know and the combo works well, I guess..  They Fly straight and stick in the target... :)

My question is,

What is that 19/64??? Does it have to do with Thread size fitting the arrow?

When I go to buy more arrows and Field Points, how do I match them up, I've since seen a ton of tips/points and none of them were 19/64s...  I'd like to build up a bunch of arrows as I'm sure I'll loose/Break a few... Also, I'd like to keep them as close to the same as possible, but at 8.30 cents each, ouch....  

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:41:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Matches the diameter of the arrow.

If the tip is a smaller diameter than the arrow, the end of the shaft can contact the target.  This could damage your arrows over time (splinter/chip the ends)

Too big a diameter and pulling arrows may be a PITA as the edge of the tip catches on packing material.

If you can't find any 19/64 local (they're everywhere online), I'd use the next size larger.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:24:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Think of it like drill bit size.

By all means identical size length weigh arrows which will fly the same.  Selection of arrows is more complicated than you might think they are also different strength and some cheap arrows can shatter when used with strong compound bows.   I use a piece of reflective tape on the  back of the arrow to recover them with a flashlight after dark.  You may loose a few but a lot less. The lighted knocks are nice too but I have had them fail a few times too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top