Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2011 7:35:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IIRC]
I picked up a golden eagle predator today on a trade. This is my first bow and i really dont know anything about them but iv been thinking about getting one and come across a deal today i couldn't pass up. Does anyone know anything about these? Is it somthing worth keeping a while or just something i can learn on? Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 7:46:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Originally Posted By ConcreteCowboy:

I picked up a golden eagle predator today on a trade. This is my first bow and i really dont know anything about them but iv been thinking about getting one and come across a deal today i couldn't pass up. Does anyone know anything about these? Is it somthing worth keeping a while or just something i can learn on? Thanks for any help.

Golden Eagle was bought by Bear Archery, who was then bought by North American Archery Group, who was then bought by Escalade Sports back in the early 2000s, and they dropped the Golden Eagle line.  Good luck finding parts for it.  

Seeing as how you are new to archery, you really need to read the New to Archery/Bowhunting Primer that DrFridge has stickied at the top of this subforum.  Then you need to make sure that your bow fits you.  To be honest, if it doesn't fit
you, then it isn't even worth learning on, as you will develop bad
habits that you will have to unlearn when you get a properly matched
bow.  What is your draw length?  What is the draw length on the bow?  How old are the strings and what shape are they in?  I think it's old enough that it might need different string material than what today's bows use.

May I ask how much it cost you?  

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 10:03:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I had traded a jennings 380 (90 dollar pistol) for the bow and 120 dollars so even if the bow was no count i came out alright. but i went up to the local archery shop this morning and had them look it over, all in all everything is pretty decent but it fit my brother a little better than me. I have a 30 inch draw and he is a little bit shorter. While i was up there looking i seen another golden eagle they had on consignment, i checked it out it is a really nice looking bow has the tritium sights lanyard and all the goodies after tinkering around there for a while i ended up with it. The guy was very helpfull and set the bow up to me. So everything worked out pretty well me and my brother are now set for bow season! My first day shooting a bow since i was in the boy scouts and i at least kept them all on the target but it feels like my shoulder is on fire now. As much fun as it is i don't know why i didn't get into this earlier, and the ammo is reusable (except for one my brother launched into a field when he missed the backstop)!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top