Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2013 5:00:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mach]
I could not find a ContourRoam mount for a bow, so I decided to make one.

It needed to be up abve my arrow and sight because I hunt sitting down behind a GhostBlind and mounting it by the stabilizer would have had a field of view too low to see the action. Last year I used a head band mount and took it off because it was uncomfortable, 30 minutes before I arrowed  a 5 point buck that dropped on the spot, so I missed taking the video.

I though I would share.

I made it out of a plastic cutting board. It is tight, lite, and does not vibrate on the bow.

here is how it is mounted, there eas already a recessed round hole and a washer fit perfectly.

here is a video of it in action.

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 9:38:12 AM EDT
[#1]
That is cool! I have an older Go Pro in going to DIY a mount for.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 12:03:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Used a spring clamp to make an easy mount for my regular point and shoot. Drilled a hole and put a screw in it. Squeeze it and put it on a limb, rifle rail or just about anywhere next to where I'm sitting.

Also used a hose clamp for the bow's stabilizer. Drilled a hole, used the screw from a cheap table tripod. Put some electrical tape around the stabilizer so the hose clamp doesn't move when I tighten it down.

Now I have a crossbow and I'm trying to figure out how to put a cam on that, and it looks like the only real choice will be a scope mount of some sort like a bike uses on the handle bar. It'd be nice if someone made a combo scope mount/cam attachment so once you have the scope attached the screw sticks up ready for a cam.
Wonder if I can just super glue a screw to the top of the top of the scope ring. I'll have to look for an old set of rings and give it a try.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top