Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2017 7:31:54 AM EDT
I was given a older wooden stocked Barnett Wildcat crossbow by a friend who was down sizing during a relocation. Did some internet research and found it is apparently 150 pound draw weight. No stirrup to help when drawing on this model. Found a new bow string, rope cocking device and got some bolts for Christmas. Fairly crude sights but the rear sight is adjustable.
Now the education begins....
I hope this bow will be ok for general target work and hope is fairly accurate. I just want to be able to take some game if I ever need to. Do I just stick it's nose to the ground and the butt stock to my stomach to draw the thing since it does not have a stirrup or any attachment point for one?
Any opinions on if this will be ok for general use?
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 2:50:46 PM EDT
[#1]
there are bow cocking apparatius on ebay for $20 or less, they help a lot
that 150lb pull bites a bit when pulled against. wear gloves
I had a wildcat in the 80's with an aluminum body and 150lb pull..new prods probably available and DO NOT leave it
cocked in the corner the prod will split..

My current cross bow is an OLD,,,,,,really OOllldd late 70's Wammo with a steel prod, 175lb pull,,

arrow will go where you point it..yours and mine..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top