Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2014 8:24:02 PM EDT
Main use is deer hunting. From climber, ladder stands and blinds. Recurve seems to be more me, since I can work on it myself. String swaps, or what ever else comes up.

Any suggestions? Brands? What to stay away from? Best bang for the money?

Cant afford a excalibur, but honsetly im very ignorant to the crossbow world. Im tempted to buy a 90 dollar china special off ebay.. LOL but trying hard not to throw away any money.

Any push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,

Budget south of 400.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:25:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Just realized no post in almost a month here.. Im moving on
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:29:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Look on ebay or archery talk for a used Excalibur Ibex, Axiom, Phoenix or Vixen.  Should be doable for your budget.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:36:41 PM EDT
[#3]
thx
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:17:40 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 on the used Excalibur. Anything else is a waste of money IMO.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 1:55:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I never even shot a crossbow before, then 3 years ago I bought an Excalibur Exomax.

I love it. I got it for deer hunting. If a deer gets within 50 yards, I got him.

I like the fact that you can change the string by yourself in the field. That's impossible with compound crossbows.

I don't know if anyone else makes a recurve crossbow besides Excalibur

My model was $850 sorry to say. Excaiibur says they are the most accurate hunting crossbow, and no one wants to argue about it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:34:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I just got the Excalibur Matrix 355.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 3:47:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VZ24:
+1 on the used Excalibur. Anything else is a waste of money IMO.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:29:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Excalibur --- the only way to go
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top