Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2016 12:37:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 8:20:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I have to agree; especially with compounds. Since I went traditional not such a big deal as they are pretty straight forward. Twist the string until you find a brace height that bow likes and go shoot it. Where we spend our time is on the arrows.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 9:44:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Fully agree with this.Got the first bow,since i was a kid in the '60,s today.Walked in the door, and was taken care of by a pro.
Got to test the bow,got a Sage, picked some arrows,glove, arm guard,and a bag to shoot into for my backyard.
I  shot three arrows, two were X rings,one just out of center.The young guy said that i did not forget how to shoot,lol.

My money [$300] was well spent,and they have a new customer for whatever i need archery related.
The placed was packed when they opened the doors, but i felt well taken care of,owners son spent all the time i needed with me.
Left that shop with a smile on my face.
Precision Archery,Bridge City,Tx.

Have wanted to get back to a bow for years,glad i did too.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 4:38:12 AM EDT
[#3]
100% agree as of last week.  I bought my first bow from Cabelas last year to get into archery.  I went with a Bear Cruzer RTH as a balance of being new to archery and not wanting to spend a fortune in case I hated it.  Bow was decent but never quite shot right.  Sight was bottomed out and the whole system seemed to be out of whack in general.  Knowing my limitations (personal, distance, and knowing my bow) it was still good enough for deer last year.

This last week I went to a local shop that was having a smoking special on a paper tune.  Holy smokes the guy got me fixed up, 2.5 hours worth of checking and fixing stuff.  Really nice thing is he didn't try to sell me on anything just showed me the issues and fixed those that he could.  Had issues with most of the setup and stuff that should have been caught by the "pro" at Cabelas.  By the end we were cutting clean holes through the paper like nothing and my groups shrunk.  Total cost was $30, and he didn't charge me for a different style peep or new nock point in addition to spending a ton of time on my bow.

After hunting this year I will be buying a nicer bow from these guys and current setup will be going to the wife as she wants to get into archery.  A good local shop is amazing as I learned the hard way.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 5:42:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Had a buddy looking to buy a crossbow online. I suggested he check out the local shops first. I told him he might pay a little more but the service would worth it. The shop set the crossbow up for him, sighted it in, gave him some free range time and threw in some other freebies. He was pretty happy.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 2:57:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I could not agree more. My first compound was bought some 39 yrs ago at a pro shop and the owner set me up right from the beginning. Definitely worth the amount extra paid. Got my dad set up with his first compound bow there as well. The owner was an avid hunter and lived for the sport. The information we got from him over the years was priceless...
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 5:28:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I also agree. Unfortunately my local pro shop has gone down hill over the last 2 years. The next closest one is an hour away. Time to do my own work I guess.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 11:58:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I am buying a new bow right now. The pro shop knows me as this will be my 3rd bow purchased from them. They tune the bow specifically for me. They retune after a month of shooting or whenever I think it needs it. If I have an issue mid season, like the time I drove over my bow, they make time to get me back into the field even though they are slammed. When it was time for me to upgrade they sold my old bow for a good price.

Get to know your pro shop and they will be there for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top