Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2016 11:17:24 AM EDT
Is there an affordable shot timer that I can use for training at home? (live fire, not dry fire)  Most I have seen start at about $120. I was thinking some chinese ass made a $30 one I can use until I feel the necessity for a better one.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 11:31:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StealthyBlagga] [#1]
See if you can find a free/inexpensive smartphone app... there used to be several. Not good enough for competition, but OK for practice.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 11:48:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By StealthyBlagga:
See if you can find a free/inexpensive smartphone app... there used to be several. Not good enough for competition, but OK for practice.
View Quote

ah good point, I am still stuck in the mentality I need some heavy bulk item as a tool in lieu of using something made of 0's and 1's that floats in space.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:52:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Just buy a real shot timer, like you said about $110-130.  It is totally worth it and then when you do go to the range you have one to train with.  

It is one of those things that seems expensive but is well worth the money as a training tool in order to get better as compared to just buying more expensive stuff to trick out your AR.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 6:56:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Right. There are several. And I have always wondered why the dedicated ones are so un-ergonomic. It's really silly.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 12:01:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jschmidt:
Right. There are several. And I have always wondered why the dedicated ones are so un-ergonomic. It's really silly.
View Quote

thanks for resurrecting this. I bought the shot timer and use it all the time. Improved my comp results in the past 6 years.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 12:28:02 PM EDT
[#6]
If your timer has Bluetooth I highly recommend the Practiscore Log training app.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top