Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2015 5:03:25 PM EDT
Hello, I'm just getting setup for 3 gun and see lots of recommendations for the ALS holsters. I like the idea of having retention for running, etc.

However I'm having a heck of a time finding what model to use. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I'm currently running a S&W M&P9 with 4.25" barrel but plan on picking up a Pro 5" when my gun shop gets them back in. Can I just order the holster for the 5" and just it with the 4.25" for now.

I called Safariland but they were less than helpful.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 5:08:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4thPointOfContact] [#1]
Safariland 6378 Ordering the longer holster won't affect anything at all.

There are two ALS models, 6377 and 6378, the -78 comes with both belt and paddle attachments.

^^ is what happens if you purchase the shorter model and have to modify it later.... so go big.

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 5:30:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply, is this holster compatible with the ELS system?
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 6:00:50 PM EDT
[#3]
With the proper adapter (which one I dunno), sure.
Safariland seems to have a method to adapt almost any product to any other.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:37:07 AM EDT
[#4]
When I last looked they did not have a 5"-specific version for the M&P... you had to get the 4.25" version and let the muzzle hang out the end. If you find out different,I am anxious to know.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:15:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By StealthyBlagga:
When I last looked they did not have a 5"-specific version for the M&P... you had to get the 4.25" version and let the muzzle hang out the end. If you find out different,I am anxious to know.
View Quote

I called them again and got someone that knew what they were talking about(I hope), they told me it does exist and the part # is 6390-8192-411. I ordered one but probably won't see if for a month or more. I will update when I get it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:26:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By JWC3G:

Thanks for the reply, is this holster compatible with the ELS system?
View Quote
Should be, but the QLS is really for holsters.  The QLS is larger and stronger so that the holster can't break off the hook/plate combo is caught up on something.  Some people run their holsters on ELS anyway.  I've only run them on QLS.

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:09:42 AM EDT
[#7]
The QLS wont line up with the holes on the ELS belt, but you can always punch an extra hole to make it work. You can also use the UBL with QLS/ALS holster if you prefer a slight drop (this is how I run my setup).
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:13:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Also, check out the Safariland GLS holster.  Very easy and quick to use.

I currently like the Invictus holster hanger mounted to a QLS hook moreso than an UBL, as the holster can be taken off the belt when not needed as well as a bit more adjustability for cant.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:24:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AustinWolv:

I currently like the Invictus holster hanger mounted to a QLS hook moreso than an UBL, as the holster can be taken off the belt when not needed as well as a bit more adjustability for cant.
View Quote

Austin - did you have to modify the belt to use the QLS or does the Invictus solve that problem? Is there play on the drop leg? I run a strap through the back of the UBL (ITS hack) to keep it from flapping is it safe to assume the IP hanger solves that problem? I have a couple of their shell holders - top notch stuff.

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 10:21:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By dangaa:
Austin - did you have to modify the belt to use the QLS or does the Invictus solve that problem? Is there play on the drop leg? I run a strap through the back of the UBL (ITS hack) to keep it from flapping is it safe to assume the IP hanger solves that problem? I have a couple of their shell holders - top notch stuff.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I've got the Invictus with a QLS hook on it.  The QLS receiver stays on the belt, held on by two screws.  I used the top two widest-apart screws holes on the QLS receiver......used one existing hole on the belt and then just drilled another hole as needed.

I've been wanting to try another belt as the ELS belt is the only one I've ever run, so I'm going to try a DAA belt which is supposedly stiffer and sticks to the inner belt better.  The plan is to stick with ELS hooks/receivers though, by running holes through the DAA belt, as I like the ability to change out from stage to stage as needed.  For the time being, I'll stick with the Invictus with QLS, but I'm wanting to try out the BOSS holster hanger also.

For the Invictus hanger, there is some play down at the bottom, which is noticeable if your draw isn't refined/practiced.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#11]

I've got the Invictus with a QLS hook on it.  The QLS receiver stays on the belt, held on by two screws.  I used the top two widest-apart screws holes on the QLS receiver......used one existing hole on the belt and then just drilled another hole as needed.  

I've been wanting to try another belt as the ELS belt is the only one I've ever run, so I'm going to try a DAA belt which is supposedly stiffer and sticks to the inner belt better.  The plan is to stick with ELS hooks/receivers though, by running holes through the DAA belt, as I like the ability to change out from stage to stage as needed.  For the time being, I'll stick with the Invictus with QLS, but I'm wanting to try out the BOSS holster hanger also.

For the Invictus hanger, there is some play down at the bottom, which is noticeable if your draw isn't refined/practiced.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That Invictus looks like it would work pretty well for me, thanks.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top