Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2015 4:09:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SBCZILLA]
Damn overlap always gets in my way on the right side. No way to mount anything.
Also frees up real Estate where the buckle would normally be.

Its a dsg competition belt.  Overlap comes to the right side, exactly where my pistol needs to be.
Flipping it over wont help, as I run into the same issue on my left side.
I really cant see a downside, but wondering if anyone else has a solution other than buckling it in the back.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 4:29:23 PM EDT
[#1]
In the past I ran my belt backwards and it worked just fine.

I still see a good number of competitors in Open and Limited still wear their belts this way.

More recently, I've grown enough real estate that the overlap in the front is no longer a problem.

Bill
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 5:47:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Backwards is the only way I've worn it since I started 3 years ago, just got in the way with all stuff you carry on your belt for 3 gun.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 9:32:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, most do so there isn't anything to interfere with what is in the front.  My Safariland ELS belt I have where it buckles just behind my holster.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 9:53:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 10:15:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I need to redo my ELS so it is backwards.  You are correct in the overlap gets in the way.  Especially once I started Open, and have the mags further in front now, and yes, 3-Gun config has shotshell holders up front.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 11:23:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I've always run mine backwards to have more space up front for gear. Shooting Limited and now Open, I have a magazine right up front so I have to run it backwards.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 11:42:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I do for my CHL rig.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 11:44:38 PM EDT
[#8]
3-gun belt: backwards. I run my shotshell caddys up front.

USPSA/Steel Challenge belt: backwards. I run Limited/L10 and run my mags between 12 o'clock and 9 o'clock.

I don't have any mags or other equipment between 4-7 o'clock on either belt. Seemed like the best region to place the overlap on the belt.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 9:26:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I use a DSG Competion belt too.  My buckle is right behind my pistol holster on my right hip.  The extra length of overlap from the adjustable end is over my right butt cheek.  My rifle mag pouch is over my left butt cheek which leaves my left hip & font clear for pistol mag pouches & shell caddies.  When taking shell caddies on & off I simply unbuckle & bring the back side around my left side to gain access to my Tec loks.  The Velcro under belt keeps my holstered pistol in place.
R4B
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 9:55:35 AM EDT
[#10]
I as well as everyone I know wears their ELS "backwards".

Just be careful it's secure.
Maybe get a buddy to check before you go to shoot a stage at the Rocky Mountain World 3-gun so your belt doesn't spontaneously let go mid stage spilling all your shot shells in the dirt.
There's no way to recover gracefully. Lol

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 9:39:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrPlayer] [#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Girlieman:
I as well as everyone I know wears their ELS "backwards".

Just be careful it's secure.
Maybe get a buddy to check before you go to shoot a stage at the Rocky Mountain World 3-gun so your belt doesn't spontaneously let go mid stage spilling all your shot shells in the dirt.
There's no way to recover gracefully. Lol

View Quote

This isn't a safariland but same concept. And yeah this is me, I can laugh at myself. :-D

Funny Video
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:11:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Backwards here as well - I've got a relatively small waist at 32" so I need all the real estate I can get! End of belt ends at about 430 just behind my holster leaving enough room to make sure its nicely secured/strapped down.

Link Posted: 9/9/2017 11:03:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I've worn a Wilderness backwards for at least ten years.   EDC and competition.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 11:46:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tt350z] [#14]
Always used them backwards. Overlap is about 4:30 position as well right behind the holster. There’s not much real estate on a 30” waste.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 12:08:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I used to wear mine backwards and it worked fine. Just a PITA to get off once in awhile or make sure it was overlapped right. I switched to a 5.11 tactical sierra bravo belt this season and like how it connects w/no overlap. See pic I stole from their site.

@3GunSteve
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 6:26:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Saw a guy running his backwards with a snowboard binding strap as the quick release/tighten aspect.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 9:54:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MadCowRacer:
Saw a guy running his backwards with a snowboard binding strap as the quick release/tighten aspect.
View Quote
Carbon Arms makes a ratcheting system for belts too or like you said a snowboard binding strap also works. I just find it awkward to attach it backwards, probably just me as it seems the majority of others I shoot with have theirs backwards to maximize room up front for caddies and the like.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Added a M2ing ratchet setup to mine.  Didn't have to cut my belt, and figure I only lost probably about an inch of useable holes by keeping the original fastener if I end up not liking it. I could probably get used to feeding the ratchet behind my back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top