Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2014 12:14:58 AM EDT
I'm looking for a budget friendly belt to use in my first 3 gun match at the end of the month. What do people think about the Midwayusa stage 1 Competition Belt? http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939136491/midwayusa-stage-1-competition-belt-nylon-black

It's only $20. Would it be a waste of money or would it get the job done?
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 1:46:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tuflehundon] [#1]
Without having seen one, I would say spend the extra $25-30 and get a better one. I used a Bianchi belt when I 1st started shooting, and it worked for me for a while. Was much better than using a standard belt. once I started whooting 3gun instead of just USPSA, I noticed the quality issues. It just wasn't stiff enough to handle the weight of pistol mags, rifle mags, and shotgun ammo. I switched to a Double Alpha belt and the quality was obviously much better right away.

If your budget is super tight, it might be worth a try, but it's hard to say.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:46:23 AM EDT
[#2]
If on a budget, get a Wilderness Tactical 5-Stitch Instructor Belt. It is $45 but worth it, and will last you a lifetime of diverse use (not just 3-Gun). This belt will not hold you back at all.

I you want a modular inner/outer belt system for 3-Gun, save your $$$ for the Safirland ELS system. IMHO it is far superior to the velcro-secured outer belt systems like the Midway, Rescomp etc. I have seen the velcro come loose at the most inopportune moments.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:53:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 5:35:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stevejness:
Also, take a look at these on Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/IPSC-USPSA-Shooting-Competition-Speed/dp/B009T6T7P0
View Quote

I tried that belt - not stiff enough for a 3 gun setup.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:13:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I know it's an old thread, but:
http://www.tacticaltailor.com/dutybelt.aspx

super stiff as it's made from scuba webbing, not too thick, and the buckle setup allows mounting of pouches pretty much right on the buckle. I haven't competed with it, but I've used it as a duty belt with a ton of weight on it for almost 2 years now and it's been nothing but reliable and has held up great. I plan to use it in an NRA police competition, which is essentially a 3 gun match with duty style rifles, shotguns, and pistols. For the price you literally couldn't go wrong.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#6]
What do you plan on running on your belt?  If your running a ton of stuff you are gonna need a more substantial belt than if you run alot less on the belt.  You can spend very little or a small fortune on a 3 gun belt setup. There are those who run Quick disconnects all around with tons of extra mag pouches for both pistol and rifle and  shell holders etc and are swapping stuff all the time on and off and take a ton of ammo to every stage.  I am the opposite.  I am running the shells on the chest and for the belt its a holster and 2 pistol mags for the vast majority of the stages.  if its a mandatory rifle reload, I add a rifle mag pouch and thats it.  Usually I don't even run that.  I usually run whats needed for the stage in the gun and throw an emergency mag in the pocket.  The number of times I have needed that mag, zero.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 6:12:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dogtired] [#7]
For budget friendliness, scour the classifieds on this board and others.  I have picked up many of my gadgets off of the boards with usually a substantial discount.  Either guys get fat, or skinny or pick them up off the prize table.  If I don't like it, I resell it.  Both of my belts are used and while worn will last for some time.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 8:03:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Shooter Connection has come out with their own belt. They are $40, check out their website.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:01:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Flatland_Shooter] [#9]
Shooter Connection products have always been top line.  Having lost a few pounds I'm in the market for a new belt and I've been watching several forums for a review.

Hopefully someone reading this forum has tried one out.

Bill
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top