Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2014 11:07:26 PM EDT
What do some of you guys use for carrying your rifle/shotgun out to 3gun matches?  I have a 36" tactical rifle case which holds 2 rifles and has pouches on the front as well as a full size zipper section for gear.  I like to take  two AR's, 18" BBL and 16" BBL,  and a 47" shotgun.  I've seen 46" tripple carry cases like this one.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Every-Day-Carry-46-Triple-Rifle-Soft-Case-with-Detachable-Sniper-Mat-OD-Green/31343892

I'm guessing the 47" shotgun might fit if tilted diagnal.  For pistols, ear muffs and other stuff, I'd take my Midway bag and then an ammo can.  Have you guys found a rifle case that fits 2 rifles and a shotgun?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I find that it is more convenient for me to use individual cases for all three guns...having a separate pistol rug is convenient if your club has a dedicated range officer to clear the pistol and return it to a rug for multi berm stages like we shot at Area 6....I shoot the same pistol belt for USPSA pistol matches, and change out one of the double mag pouches (tek lok) for a rifle pouch.. I carry all my accessories in a pent roof plastic tool box with light weight bungee cord in the top to retain rifle magazines and arm pads.. I use a converted jogging stroller to which I attach two small range bags... one for the bulk ammo, and one to actually load from... down here the hard sided cooler to carry ice is pretty important in the summer months... the stool is nice for old guys... I have a Blackhawk double case, but with the offset sights, I think separate cases is best for me

modified slightly from this early pic to keep the weight forward with the cooler... U bolts replaced with cable ties

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:32:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: branflake12] [#2]
I use this one.
Explorer double rifle case. Fits pistol, shotgun,…: http://youtu.be/DziZNl4J65E .
Sportsmans guide has them here ( search "3 rifle case", spg removed the brand name, but its the same case)
I have the 46 model and I fit 2 ars on the sides with tie downs and wedge an 870 in between the mat. Big pocket on the left hold hand gun well.

Word the the wise... she's HEAVY all loaded down.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:18:30 PM EDT
[#3]
lasnyder, what kind of rifle mounts are those on your gun cart?  Looking for something to put on my wagon.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:01:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lasnyder] [#4]
1 eyed.... Coleman premier ez grip double mount... I got mine at Tractor Supply... the clerk was a little confused when I told him they were going on a baby stroller

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Premier-EZ-Mount-Double-Clamp/dp/B006JMKF2G
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 8:28:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lasnyder:
1 eyed.... Coleman premier ez grip double mount... I got mine at Tractor Supply... the clerk was a little confused when I told him they were going on a baby stroller

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Premier-EZ-Mount-Double-Clamp/dp/B006JMKF2G
View Quote

I thought that was a golf bag cart when I first looked at it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:55:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Safariland 3 gun soft case.  It gets a little heavy but fits shotgun, rifle, pistols, mags and some other stuff.  Can be used like a backpack in between longer stage walks.

I am very closely thinking about getting/making a cart.  But the Safariland also functions as my gun case for travel to and from the range so it is still worth it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 6:50:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By yosturm:
Safariland 3 gun soft case.  It gets a little heavy but fits shotgun, rifle, pistols, mags and some other stuff.  Can be used like a backpack in between longer stage walks.

I am very closely thinking about getting/making a cart.  But the Safariland also functions as my gun case for travel to and from the range so it is still worth it.
View Quote
Yes, just made a post about this bag in the other rifle bag thread here.

This is my recommendation as well.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 3:10:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By lasnyder:
I find that it is more convenient for me to use individual cases for all three guns...having a separate pistol rug is convenient if your club has a dedicated range officer to clear the pistol and return it to a rug for multi berm stages like we shot at Area 6....I shoot the same pistol belt for USPSA pistol matches, and change out one of the double mag pouches (tek lok) for a rifle pouch.. I carry all my accessories in a pent roof plastic tool box with light weight bungee cord in the top to retain rifle magazines and arm pads.. I use a converted jogging stroller to which I attach two small range bags... one for the bulk ammo, and one to actually load from... down here the hard sided cooler to carry ice is pretty important in the summer months... the stool is nice for old guys... I have a Blackhawk double case, but with the offset sights, I think separate cases is best for me

http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz180/LesSnyder/002_zps30549785.jpg

modified slightly from this early pic to keep the weight forward with the cooler... U bolts replaced with cable ties

http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz180/LesSnyder/DSC00465_zps510565b6.jpg
View Quote
This. I bought a used stroller for cheap on Facebook and added an ATV Rifle holder set from Amazon. Eventually I’ll add a bracket and shelf for a cooler. Maybe a small cloth chair...
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 5:08:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top