Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2014 4:15:48 PM EDT
Who here still prefers running an ACOG/ offset mini dot combo over the latest variable scopes?

J223....
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:56:31 PM EDT
[#1]
In my limited two years of shooting this sport, with only two major matches, I've only seen one guy running the ACOG/red dot combo. For whatever that's worth.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 10:06:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I could see the point of it. When running an offset red dot you would mainly only use the main optic for longer shots. But it would be a pricey combo. I could see running it of you already have it.

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 10:34:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Open class is the top fuel drag racing of 3 gun.  You can run whatever you like if you are GOOD with the combo.  I have a buddy that runs JUST a fiber optic ACOG [don't remember the model] but that is [allegedly] the only optic he owns, and he is quite good with it.  Variables can be more forgiving.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 10:00:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:53:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: toothandnail] [#5]
While I prefer (or did til my eyes started going bad) the Eotech, with a 5X magnifier
This is my setup, there was a match I attended that rifle was 80yds and under, mostly 10-30yds I would change to the Eotech only for that one

Link Posted: 1/10/2015 4:36:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I've tried this setup once, but it seems to work for me.

bushnell elite 10x40  fixed power
offset red dot

I had no problem hitting steel between 100-300 w/ the scope. (one for one on the steel)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top