Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2017 1:06:14 PM EDT
I'm about to pull the trigger (no, pun not really intended) on a Springfield XDM 5.25 9mm for 3-gun and other competition, eventually after I have more time and money to finish investing in equipment.  I'm new to the shooting scene... bought a Taurus PT111 a month ago for carrying, then an AR-15 a couple weekends ago, and now Springfield has that special deal going on where if you buy before end of June, you get four free magazines, a holster and a mag holder.  Plus I like it more than the Glock 34.

Any reason I should NOT consider this as a viable 3-gun or general competition gun?

Thanks!

Rob
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I ran one for a couple years in 3 gun. Zero problems.
I switched to a G34 because the rest of my team was running Glocks. We wanted to standardize our gear as much as possible.
The Springer was/is a great choice though.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 3:51:35 PM EDT
[#2]
That is a sweet shooting XDm.  I almost bought one, but my safe is so full of stuff I had to have, I decided no.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:25:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys!  I'll probably be ordering it today, since my local gun shop can't get one.

I'm looking forward to the deal going on til 6/30 where you get four free magazines, a holster and mag holder.  Since it comes with three mags, that'll give me seven total.  Now I just need to get more mags for my Taurus and AR-15. :)
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:44:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you get it?
I use the 4.5 XDm, I put Dawson sights and a Powder River trigger in it, it's been a good pistol.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 12:32:42 AM EDT
[#5]
A few of the guys I shoot with use and love them.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 3:20:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I started shooting 3gun with an XD-M 3.8, and though its not the same, was very impressed by it.  I came very close to getting the 5.25 myself for 3gun, but I think i've actually settled on going to the Beretta 92A1 for competition.  Just seems to fit slightly better in my hands.  Though the 5.25 was a VERY close second.

I still shoot my XD-M 3.8 in IDPA and still love it.  It is still the gun I carry 90% of the time.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 1:24:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I shot a USPSA match with a 5.25 Dawson tweeked XDM, wasn't bad and let a few guys who swear by modded G34s have a go and they were surprised it was better than expected.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top