Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2015 12:29:38 PM EDT
I have a glock 17 and would like to modify it for 3 gun. It's been over 10 years since I've shot competitively so I have no idea what guys are using, etc.  I'd like to shoot idpa as well but will probably just use my revolver for that.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:39:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I run a Glock 17 right now. I use dawson precision sights and Ghost trigger internals.Factory Glock extended slide release.  I have a Pyramid trigger on the way from the glockstore and hopefully that helps a bunch. I also use dawson precision mag extensions, this changes the feel of the gun and the way it shoots.  Future plans include a bigger mag release and a tungsten guiderod.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:04:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Will you shoot in Unlimited?

If I read the new rules correctly, Unlimited does not restrict magazine length, so pickup a few of those 33rd magazines.

Bill
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:38:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I shoot a G34 but my G17 is set up similar, except for lacking the JP mag button (which is not legal for USPSA Production)... I've settled on 147 grain bullets, so like fixed sights... I have Heinie rear, and needed Dawson .245" tall front on the G34, but the factory Heinie sight pair was correct height for the G17... the JP mag button makes a great difference for me with shorter fingers... the G34 has factory connector and parts polished... the G17 one of the aftermarket connector... grip plug... I like to shoot a heavier spring (ISMI) and use an uncaptured stainless guide rod (I didn't like tungsten rods with my 1911s)... not a fan of any magazine longer than a +2

pic of JP mag button

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:37:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's mine

My son's 40

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:51:12 PM EDT
[#5]
What equipment division do you want to shoot? For the tactical divisions, there is not much wrong with a stock G17 other than the crappy plastic sights and maybe the mag release. For sights, any of the several excellent aftermarket sights will be fine - most popular is a fiber optic front and a plain black rear. For mag release, just get an extended Glock unit for just a few bucks). Otherwise, trigger work can range from minor polishing to smooth things out all the way up to a full replacement match trigger system... what do you want to achieve, and how much are you willing to spend?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:30:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Are you planning to run reduced loads?  If not, do a $0.25 trigger job and have at it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:57:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

What do you call that thing on the left side of your pistols?  What is it for?  Do you make them or someone else?
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:03:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What do you call that thing on the left side of your pistols?  What is it for?  Do you make them or someone else?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's a Thumb Rest, helps control recoil, we make them.
will reduce your splits by a lot.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a g34 gen 4 that I did a lot of my own work on with zev parts and my own stippling.  My buddy wanted to buy it so I sold it to him and purchased a new glock 34 gen 4 and its going straight to TTI for an RTS package.  

link to tti package
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top