Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2014 10:02:04 PM EDT
Has anyone dealt with this issue?

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am a bit lost.

EDIT: Its POI is about 4" down and about 2-1/2" to the right
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:56:20 PM EDT
[#1]
My 40 Pro 5" is 4" low.  Solution was to get a shorter sight from Dawson Precision.  Call them and they can tell you the correct one.  As far as being to the left, I would double check trigger pulling and the rear sight.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:48:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Its POI is about 4" down and about 2-1/2" to the right
View Quote

You don't mention the distance - this represents a much bigger issue at 7 yards than at 25 yards.

No offense: Chances are that the low-shooting problem is you jerking the trigger/flinching (if you are a southpaw, the right-shooting also). Get someone else who is a known-good pistol shot to shoot the gun slowly and carefully. Get them to do so offhand (not off a rest), and using a couple of ammo brands/bullet weights. If several folks see the same problem with several loads, send the gun back to S&W to be fixed... that's the beauty of buying a factory gun with factory warranty. The fixed factory sights should shoot dead straight, so why spend your own money fixing S&W's mistakes?

The windage correction is easy by drifting the front and/or back sight in the right direction.

Quoted:
My 40 Pro 5" is 4" low.  Solution was to get a shorter sight from Dawson Precision.  Call them and they can tell you the correct one.  As far as being to the left, I would double check trigger pulling and the rear sight.
View Quote

IIRC the Pro sight should shoot to the center of the fiber optic, not the top of the front sight. That may be your issue.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 10:13:16 PM EDT
[#3]
It was a pro (Ken Cobb) at the local (Waxahachie) steel match who first suspected that the sights where off. He took the pistol and took a shot and yelled "Wow". After that he took a couple slow shots and established the low shooting.

It was about 7-10 yards. It was off and on for me all day, every once and a while I would knock all the targets down, but it was definitely off.

Quoted:
IIRC the Pro sight should shoot to the center of the fiber optic, not the top of the front sight. That may be your issue.
View Quote

Its a C.O.R.E. 40C, no fiber optics.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 8:39:33 AM EDT
[#4]
My new Core (5") is 8" high at 25 yds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top