Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2014 3:43:22 PM EDT
Anyone laid hands on the new STI Marauder yet?  

How does it compare to an Eagle/Edge/Tactical as far as features?
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 3:48:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 9:32:00 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a nice looking rig, but for 2600 you could do a custom for close to the same money and have it all the way you want.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 10:18:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a nice looking rig, but for 2600 you could do a custom for close to the same money and have it all the way you want.
View Quote

That's why I posed the question.  The Maurader is running $500+ over stock Edge/Eagle/Tactical.  I've heard the price jump is due to the finish. What finish runs $500?
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 1:01:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 1:04:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Is that the street price or retail?  What's retail on a tactical?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that the street price or retail?  What's retail on a tactical?

Dawsons quoted me a price of $2080 for a Tactical, $2600 to preorder a Marauder.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 10:35:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's why I posed the question.  The Maurader is running $500+ over stock Edge/Eagle/Tactical.  I've heard the price jump is due to the finish. What finish runs $500?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is black nitride or similar. H&H will black nitride a full pistol for $200
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 7:44:10 AM EDT
[#7]
For that price tag I'd go full custom. If it was before $2400 I'd give it some serious consideration though.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 5:35:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Is a Eagle with a custom finish and a light rail. You can get a 9mm Eagle from Dawson with the CRP package for $2085.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:27:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I paid 2335.00 shipped to my FFL! Its one sweet pistol! trigger is top notch and runs with all the customs 1911's have a shot...
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 10:50:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Has anyone found a Safariland holster that will fit the Marauder?  I bought one that was for a short dust cover 5 inch 2011 and it would not work because the rail on the Marauder was digging in to the plastic/leather.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Has anyone found a Safariland holster that will fit the Marauder?  I bought one that was for a short dust cover 5 inch 2011 and it would not work because the rail on the Marauder was digging in to the plastic/leather.

Mike
View Quote
look for the railed options. from a FB post:

Brian Nelson - Practical Shooter 6390 or 6377-56 (for Springfield Operator). Fits any 2011, light rail or not. Should pop right in, you might need to bend the actual ALS spring to make it retain a flat top gun

Tavis Miller I had to make slight modification with a dremel because of my extended mag release. The ALS locking mechanism would lock until i modified the holster.

I am running the 6377-56.

more info here:

http://www.safariland.com/holsters-and-gear-resources/holster-will-fit-charts.html

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top