Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2017 7:25:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: steve8140]
I'll be going to my first 3 gun in a few days and was wondering what most people use for chokes. I'll be using a 12 gauge Stoeger M3500. And we're using #7-8 birdshot.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 7:30:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on what you are shooting.

Bird shot or buck shot.

Buck shot gets good results with Improved Cyl.

If shooting bird shot, I'd go more toward IC (close) or Modified (more distance) to keep a tighter pattern if you have to break a clay or a target at distance.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, the club say for this match it's #7-8 birdshot.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 11:15:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I use light Mod for 98% of shotgun targets. 

The only time I really change is if there is a large field of close clays, when I would throw a diffuser in. 
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 11:40:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I used an IC for everything last event, 7 1/2 shot and reduced recoil slugs.  Seemed to work for everything pretty well.  They did have a few plates peaking around blue barrels that it might have been nicer to have something tighter...but I probably wont change for the next event.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 6:04:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MEDIC-0372] [#5]
This...I use IC for most.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bigger_Hammer:

If shooting bird shot, I'd go more toward IC (close) or Modified (more distance) to keep a tighter pattern if you have to break a clay or a target at distance.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 12:04:26 PM EDT
[#6]
IC here as well most of the time, LM if it's that further heavy steel/pipe targets. I like Carlson's extended chokes in my M3k, super easy to change out between stages if needed.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 7:19:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I keep cylinder, improved cylinder, light mod, mod, improved mod, and full chokes in my shotgun box.  During most matches, I will switch between C, IC and LM.  Most people say that LM will work for everything but have you patterned your shotgun lately?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top