Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2016 5:14:44 PM EDT
Gentlemen,

I've recently purchased a Stoeger M3K and I would appreciate any feedback regarding essential mods to help it run the lighter 28gm loads reliably.  I plan on breaking in the shotgun with a slab of 34gm ammo, but ideally I would prefer to use 28gm rounds in competition.  All suggestions and guidance gratefully received.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 11:02:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TomMcC] [#1]
28 gm = 1 oz. loads, right? 34 gm = 1 1/8 load. Don't think there are any mods to actually run lighter loads, but most of the guys I've read really break the gun in well. It should run 28 gm loads after a thorough break in. You might consider a Benelli extractor too. The Stoeger extractor seems to be a bit deficient.

There is one mod I remember now. You could polish the outside of the mag tube where the recoil spring rides.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top