Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2016 10:34:37 AM EDT
Hello all, long time listener, first time caller. I have been in the market for a new shotgun for some time now. I have finally decided on the Beretta 1301 Comp. My predicament is, that I cannot decide on which barrel length. I'm primarily going to use this shotgun for fun, ie.., clays, target shooting, and possibly three gun when in my area. With all that in mind, I'm leaning towards the 21", but any and all advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 6:48:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been shooting a 1301 since they first came out, get a 24" barrel. Better sight radius plus you can run a longer mag tube.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 11:55:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Shooting clays, Eh? Then 24" it is. I wish it came in 26"

Also consider that Briley makes screw in barrel extensions. So you could get a 21" and a barrel extension for an extra 4" or 6". It will cost you, but a lot less than an extra Beretta barrel.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 12:47:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sniperdoc:

Also consider that Briley makes screw in barrel extensions. So you could get a 21" and a barrel extension for an extra 4" or 6". It will cost you, but a lot less than an extra Beretta barrel.
View Quote
I got the 21" so that is good to know, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 1:52:32 AM EDT
[#4]
You can use the same tube extension as a guy with a 3" longer barrel.
It won't matter (other than looks) that your barrel is shorter.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Go 24".  A lot of skeet ranges require a 24" minimum barrel length.  Trap with a 24" barrel would be... interesting.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 11:00:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I wanted a 24" because I want to use the gun for clays.  I got a 24".   After a few hundred rounds, I can say I'm very happy I got the longer barrel and have no regrets.  Once you get the stock fitted (I got a Comp Pro), the gun is a bird busting machine!
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 11:31:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Another vote 24”.  If you ever want to use it for sporting clays NSCA has a rule.

I bought a Comp Pro 24” and am having a hell of a lot of fun shooting 5stand.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 4:38:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sniperdoc:

View Quote

Typically the longer the barrel the better when it comes to busting clays. Even there it depends on what you want to do mostly, if skeet is your thing, you want a shorter barrel....sporting or trap a longer one but at that point it's about balance and mechanics more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top