Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2016 9:07:47 PM EDT
Any opinions on the versa max tactical? Good or bad?
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 3:02:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Decent gun. Needs the same work done to it as an M2 and feels 1-2 pounds heavier empty. I ran one for a season and went back to the M2.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 8:10:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 3 VMs... 2 Tacticals and an old 26" sporting model. All needed the usual work - welded carrier and a hogged out loading port. Two shot slugs straight as an arrow, one shot to the side (I run a dot on that gun anyway, so no biggy). Both Tacticals had issues with the bolt occasionally holding partially open, which was easily resolved by changing out the action spring in the buttstock for a Wolff extra power Benelli spring. Now they all run like a Swiss watch.... supremely reliable as long as I feed them ammo with a good crimp (mine like Remington shells). Very soft shooting, but heavier than an M2.

The main reason I like the VM is that I can install a pistol grip stock, extended magazine etc. without worrying about any 922r nonsense.

The VM is not the only good option these days, but it works well for me.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 9:51:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you have a pic of the vm with a pistol grip?
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 12:18:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I picked up the Competition Tactical.  Ready to run right out of the box.  Several  hundred rounds with zero issues.  Could be hogged out more for quads but duals are easy  Last match we watched several M2's fail.  VMCT runs 1100 fps  1oz loads without issue.  Gonna be tough to make a Benelli do that.  I have seen them for $1230 online.  Not going to get a benelli ready tor  un for that
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DOG556:
Do you have a pic of the vm with a pistol grip?
View Quote

Here is one of my VMTs, set up for Tactical Division with a lightly modified Benelli M4 PG stock, which gives a standard length of pull:

Here is my other VMT, set up for a new division called Stealth (hence the optic and short mag tube). This one has a Mesa Tactical Urbino PG stock with optional cheekpiece, which has a much shorter length of pull and a Limbsaver buttpad:

Link Posted: 8/31/2017 6:01:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a versamax tactical. It runs flawlessly.  It is stiff to load, you will want to do a little work on that, but I think it's an outstanding choice.

I also run a VEPR 12 sometimes, I think I prefer shooting the versamax though, though it's certainly quicker to reload the VEPR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top