Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2016 5:54:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LawnStripes]
Hey guys. Over the winter I sold my VM Tactical (which ran 100%) because I found a deal on a M2 Field 21" I couldn't pass up. I added the following to it for 3 gun this year:
Nordic +5 extension
Nordic clamp
Nordic bolt handle
HiViz sight
Arredondo bolt release
TTI safety
TTI lifter

Nordic recommends having 12-16" of spring extend past the end of the extension. I cut mine to 15". I took it to the range and shot several rounds through it with no issues (only loading 4 at a time, I didn't load it to capacity.) Well fast forward to the first match a few weeks ago. We start with a stoked tube (8 shells) and an empty chamber. Well I found quickly that when I load 8 it double feeds the first two shells. This happened numerous times. I started loading 7 shells at it worked correctly. I thought this was due to too much spring pressure, the spring was pushing with too much force for the latch to catch the second round. I took it home and shortened the spring 1" so it is now 14" past the end of the extension. I went to the range today and had the same double feed issue. Anyone have any suggestions before I send it off to C-Rum or AI to work it over? I'm getting pretty upset seeing as I thought this gun would be an upgrade from the VM. Thanks for your time and any assistance you may provide.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 11:24:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Had any port work done?  Tuning of the shell catch?  Can you replicate it by loading the tube full and manipulating the shell catch?
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 5:19:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Vespid_Wasp:
Had any port work done?  Tuning of the shell catch?  Can you replicate it by loading the tube full and manipulating the shell catch?
View Quote

No work/porting/tuning has been done to it. The parts listed in the first post were the only things done to the gun since buying it. I have tried to replicate the issue at home and can't do it. It seems to only happen during live fire for some reason.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 1:13:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I had an issue where after I loading my SBE II, it would  launch a shell into the carrier before I was done load (thus you can't load until you cycle the bolt and get that shell out of the way).

I cleaned it really good, and boom. Everything worked. I didn't see any debris in there, but who knows.

Sometimes a simple clean works wonders.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:12:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Vespid_Wasp] [#4]
Try disassembling the gun and cleaning very thoroughly behind the shell catch.

A friend of mine with a Winchester SX2 was having the same malfunctions and a couple good long blasts with some aerosol cleaner/degreaser behind his shell catch, and then a few shots of compressed air, and the malfunction went away.  In his case we didn't have to drive out the pin holding the shell catch in place, but that would have been my next step if aerosol cleaner didn't get it working.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 11:16:24 PM EDT
[#5]
replace your shell latch, if you're using nordics recommended spring lengths for your action style, they work great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top