Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2016 3:22:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spart]
I finally got my hands on a Franchi Affinity and made a video comparing it to my Benelli M2 with 3-gun in mind.

I think the Franchi is Benelli's idea of what a Stoeger should be.  It has a lot more Benelli DNA and many of the Stoeger caveats don't apply.

This shotgun has been severely overlooked in the 3-gun world in my opinion.  For 200-300 more than a Stoeger and ~400 less than an M2, you get most of the Benelli quality and better parts compatibility with the M2 to boot.

Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3w0auqskDI

ETA: pic of the complete build.

Click here for large version.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 1:54:56 PM EDT
[#1]
What are the Stoeger caveats?
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 8:13:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spart] [#2]
Plenty of Benelli M2 aftermarket parts "sort of" fit the Stoeger and require modification to work.

Carriers and bolt handles come to mind. Those parts are direct swaps on the Affinity.
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 12:16:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: i12Bravo] [#3]
MOA Precision does make M3000 specific parts. Just was wondering if there was a big issue with the Stoeger that I had missed.

Link Posted: 3/15/2016 5:40:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Sure, but the aftermarket for the M2 is larger.
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 10:32:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Got the Affinity all set up to go 3-gunning, a few more vids soon.

Click here for large version.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:08:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 10:00:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JesseTischauser:

The only issue I had with the M3000 has a few things that aren't perfect.  Build quality isn't even close to the Italian built M2 & Affinity.  I had issues with extraction on the factory extractor so I swapped it out with an M2 extractor and it ran perfect.  I could never get my M3000's to Load as smoothly as my M2's either.   I now have my hands on an MOA precision built Affinity.  We will see how it compares.  It's a $100-150 more then an M3000 but it's a much nicer gun being Italian built versus Turkish.  The shell catch, lifter, and several other parts are identical to the M2.  It may be the best budget gun out there based on my initial feel for the gun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JesseTischauser:
Originally Posted By i12Bravo:
MOA Precision does make M3000 specific parts. Just was wondering if there was a big issue with the Stoeger that I had missed.  

The only issue I had with the M3000 has a few things that aren't perfect.  Build quality isn't even close to the Italian built M2 & Affinity.  I had issues with extraction on the factory extractor so I swapped it out with an M2 extractor and it ran perfect.  I could never get my M3000's to Load as smoothly as my M2's either.   I now have my hands on an MOA precision built Affinity.  We will see how it compares.  It's a $100-150 more then an M3000 but it's a much nicer gun being Italian built versus Turkish.  The shell catch, lifter, and several other parts are identical to the M2.  It may be the best budget gun out there based on my initial feel for the gun.

Kind of wish I would of went affinity. Oh well only 4 matches a year
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top