Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2017 11:18:26 AM EDT
Next month my home club has a multi-gun USPSA match and I want to try the 3 gun that is run locally to me so I obviously need a rifle.

I have a home defense/hurricane/looter/zombie M4orgery that is set and I am not going to tinker with but like any competitive shooter I've got other stuff too. Looking at the list below how would you suggest I set up a multi gun rifle just starting out. There are obviously some new toys I would like but thing like bunk beds and snowblowers are getting in the way of fun.

Upper: Stag arms upper with a precision reflex carbon fiber handguard/low profile gas block and 16 inch 1:9 carbine length barrel with a YHM muzzle break. <---This is the constant

Lowers:

Std lower with Rifle buffer tube, Magpul MOE rifle stock and MOE+ grip with a RRA 2 stage trigger
Std lower with carbine adjustable buffer tube, std M4 stock and MOE grip with a mil-spec trigger

Optics:
Magpul BUIS
Vortex 3-9
Redfield 2-7
Eotech
Aimpoint h-1

The multigun is going to be a bay match with at most 100yd rifle shots. I am also not opposed to moving a trigger between lowers.

Thanks for your help and while I know there is bigger and better out there its what I have and don't want to go balls deep if I find its not for me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 3:56:14 PM EDT
[#1]
If everything is less than 100 yards I would go with the rifle length lower, and the EOtech.

the EOtech reticle is the fastest there is and with a 50 yard zero is great on bay and short range courses.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 4:03:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I am a 3 gunner, and I'm gonna vote no, don't do anything weird. run your HD rifle. for one thing it gives you solid practice with your HD gun. For another, you don't know if you like shooting 3 gun, so you can't decide what division is right for you.

Don't switch and sure as hell don't buy anything. Take your go-to gun and run it hard. if you decide you like the sport, check what the local winners use and decide from there.

This approach actually helped me chance my do-all rifle. i have so many rounds through my 3 gun blaster with it's 18" barrel and 1-4 trijicon that it's like an old friend. I would much rather grab that in an emergency than anything else I own, even if it is heavier and longer than the cool kids are running on instagram these days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top