Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2017 10:32:24 AM EDT
How important is it to have offset sights on a 3 Gun Rifle?

I've been thinking about them, although I usually use my optic at a lower setting for close range
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
How important is it to have offset sights on a 3 Gun Rifle?

I've been thinking about them, although I usually use my optic at a lower setting for close range
View Quote

Not important at all. Spend your money on more important things
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 7:30:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Sweet! I use a Vortex Razor Red Dot - makes for fast work of paper at 50 yds. or less.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 12:24:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Depends on your class, assuming your shooting tac ops...I personally like having the 45 degree sights. I run a cheap amazon pair that holds zero fine and have them sighted in at like 7 yards. I won't shoot 10+ yard clays with them, but on paper I prefer vs messing with my 1-6x main optic. Aukmont are the ones I got on Amazon.

@3GunSteve
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 10:55:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been shooting tac-ops division since I started shooting 3 gun about 6 years ago. I went to 3 different majors this year that I could have used a set of offsets and made up a decent amount of time. After talking with a few guys on my squad, 2 of them being 3GN pro series shooters, at the Pro-Am I picked up the exact same setup that they have been using for the last 3 seasons. Im into the entire setup for less than $50. At that price, it was worth every penny just to try them out and see if it was something that I wanted to use. I ran them at a match for the first time yesterday and plan on keeping them.

Offset 45

I'm sure they are made in China, but they are built stout, have positive "clicks" when adjusting and are rock solid after mounting.

Front site post
This isnt a necessary purchase, but I run fiber optic sights on everything else so it was worth the money for me.

I shoot long gun left handed and these are setup for right handed shooters. All I did was flip them around and they still do what they're supposed to. Just FYI if you're in the same boat as I am. Hope this helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top