Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2016 11:27:38 PM EDT
At my first 3 gun shoot yesterday I had roughly 8 or 9 misfires with my ar. What happened was when I pulled the trigger there wasn't a noticeable release. I'd rack a new round in and it would fire. A few rounds later same thing. This seemed to happen during the slower fire long range shots.

I have no clue what is wrong. I've got about 200 rounds through this rifle.

Build consists of ar gold trigger, jp lmos bolt carrier with enhanced bolt, jp silent captured spring, VSEVEN titanium firing pin.

Thanks for any ideas. I've got the Nordic Vortex shoot Friday through Sunday and want to figure this out asap
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:49:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 10:27:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I called once at 8 am yesterday. They were going to have the trigger guy call me. Nothing all day so I called again at 430 yesterday afternoon. Again the trigger guy was going to call before he left for the day. Nothing. I called just now and the same guy answered and again he said he would have him call.
I impressed upon him that I had a 3 day shoot starting Friday and i wanted to figure out what the deal was. They are losing me as a customer.

I own a business and customer service needs to be a top priority for any business that wants to survive.

Now I'm in a jam and need to order a new trigger that will hopefully get here by Thursday afternoon

Michael
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:05:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Just got off the phone with JP Enterprises
They believe the hammer isn't locking back for some reason and it makes sense. I'll have a jp trigger on my gun asap. Out of town working till Wednesday so hopefully I'll get a chance to set it up Thursday and run it a bit
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:31:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:42:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey mobrien, sorry for the trouble you've had thus far. Will you email me personally so I can get your contact info. I think that you may just have a fitment issue that can likely be resolved. My email - pierce (at) americantrigger.com.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:29:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Jesse thanks for the help-

Pierce,

I spoke with Ron today. He is having me send my trigger in so he can install a 308 hammer in it. Im not sure why my 223 trigger needs a 308 hammer or why my $285 trigger wiih less than 200 rounds in it needs to be frankensteined to make it work. Ron mentioned there could be an issue with my bolt or my lower receiver.

the bcg is a lmos jp with enhanced bolt and the lower is a patriot weaponry billet- both are top notch pieces of hardware. I'll know tomorrow night if its the trigger or my equipment as when I get back tomorrow from this work trip im sticking a jp trigger in it.

thanks

michael
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 1:40:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got home from my work trip and my JP trigger didn't get here yet so now I'm kind of stuck with this faulty AR Gold or run a mill spec 8 lb trigger.

This whole thing is incredibly frustrating I have to leave my house at about 3:30 tomorrow morning in order to make it down there in time to register and shoot my first four stages tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:29:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top