Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2016 9:31:45 PM EDT
Wanting to take advantage of the Larue sale on barrels for a 16" general purpose 223 rifle.  Mainly for tactical carbine classes and CQB/ 3 gun style shooting, but also want to use it for out to 300 or more yards for cheaper long range practice, so accuracy really matters to me.

I have the choice between the 37 oz stealth, and the 25 oz Predatar.  I assume for one off shots, they are equally accurate, but with any kind of volume, the stealth will handle the heat better (a good thing in Texas).

One the other hand, I wonder if the Predatar barrel will be faster to bear on target and easier to use all day with 12 oz's less weight in the barrel.  From what I can see on my son's AR (28 oz barrel), the balance with the stealth will be right in on the front pivot pin, so maybe the balance with the heavier barrel will be better.  

Anyway, not having any experience with this kind of shooting, any advice concerning the difference in weight and how it will affect speed an manueverability would be appreciated!

Link Posted: 6/25/2016 10:34:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Suggest going with the lighter version so it's easier to shoot offhand
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top